portrait speedlight studio set up needed

Bill16

My nikon sb-800 flashes arrived and seem to be in perfect condition! They both seem to work just fine and don't have a scatch on them that I saw!:D

So I should be good to go with flashes!:D

Bill16

Well after doing some checking I think the Yongnuo RF603NII flash triggers I bought aren't the triggers that will work best for me. So I will likely be selling a set of 4 of the along with the Eneloope Pro AAA batteries to go with them. All of it new, never used.

I was able to buy a set of triggers to replace these, using my ebay bucks mostly.:) But batteries will have to wait till I sell the first set of triggers. The new triggers take AA batteries you see.:)

If your needing triggers, keep me in mind. I will be posting these for sale once the batteries get here to go with.:)

Attachments

• s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Bill16

The YONGNUO YN-622N-TX i-TTL Wireless Flash Controller +3 YN-622 trigger for Nikon seemed to be more what I was looking for, though I admit it was quite a bit more costly at $160.00.
The other triggers was about $59.00 for 4 triggers.

Attachments

• s-l1600-1.jpg
    s-l1600-1.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

RocketCowboy

My neighbors changed their minds, but maybe I'll talk them into it another time.:(

Are 4 flashes enough for most studio work? If so, then I should be covered.

More than enough. :)

You can keep it simple getting started and get great results from a single flash. Optionally add a hair/kicker light to get the subject to stand out from the background.

With four, you can use two lights for your backdrop, and two lights for the subject to set lighting ratios. You're pretty versatile with four, but don't feel like you have to use all four every time.

Bill16

I think four would be rare since I have only three sb-800 flashes, and mixing my sb-700 flash in with those would be a last resort! But I just can't afford another sb-800 flash, and I was figuring 3 sb-800 flashes would be enough. I went with the sb-800 flashes for their power and for their cheap prices around $230.00.:)

Thanks Charlie buddy for the info my friend!:)

More than enough. :)

You can keep it simple getting started and get great results from a single flash. Optionally add a hair/kicker light to get the subject to stand out from the background.

With four, you can use two lights for your backdrop, and two lights for the subject to set lighting ratios. You're pretty versatile with four, but don't feel like you have to use all four every time.

skene

Bill, why do you not just use the Sb700 as commander? or pick up an Su-800 to remote trigger the flashes... This would have saved you time and effort and if you are working inside a small home studio, you do not need to worry about distance.