Piperbarb's 2014 Project 365

piperbarb

2-2-14:

Talk about cloudy, dreary day... No sunshine, just grey clouds. Somehow, I do not know how good old Punxatawney Phil saw his shadow today when there was no sunshine... At least where I live. :) Anyway, I decided that today was a texture day. This is the melting snow on the barn roof. I did convert it to B&W, which let me increase the contrast a little.

White & Grey
033 Snow on Roof-140202_01.jpg

wthorson

1-19-14:

Today was probably the worst day of my life. My husband, Gary, passed this afternoon. He had been in a lot of pain due to over a decade of living with occipital neuropathy. I did manage to get one photo just because I needed something to keep me grounded, even if just for a few minutes. I am dedicating this to Gary, the love of my life that I have lost.

For the Love of My Life. I Will Miss You Always
View attachment 68011

Barbara, I am so sorry for your loss. I just came across your post. My thoughts are still with you.

piperbarb

2-3-14:

Ah, it's Monday, so it must be photography class. During photography class, we took photos inside the school. The IA (Industrial Arts: AKA "Shop Class") was a big hit. While the kids were annoying their peers with taking photos, I took a photo of the band saw. Converting it to B&W, and a little cropping really made a difference. I have to go back for more photos. I only had my Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.8 lens with me, but it came out okay. I do really like that lens and should try to use it more often.

Saw, Saw... Cut That Wood
034 IA-140203_01.jpg

piperbarb

2-4-14:

Waiting for the snow to start. We are supposed to get 8 - 12" by tomorrow evening. In the meantime, I took this photo a skein of very pretty hand-dyed cotton yarn that a friend gave me.

035 Yarn-140204_01.jpg

2-3-14:

Ah, it's Monday, so it must be photography class. During photography class, we took photos inside the school. The IA (Industrial Arts: AKA "Shop Class") was a big hit. While the kids were annoying their peers with taking photos, I took a photo of the band saw. Converting it to B&W, and a little cropping really made a difference. I have to go back for more photos. I only had my Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.8 lens with me, but it came out okay. I do really like that lens and should try to use it more often.

Saw, Saw... Cut That Wood
View attachment 70759

Nice.shot

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk HD

piperbarb

2-5-14:

10 inches of snow later, and waiting to get plowed out. :) I should be dug out in another hour or so. Anyway, I always love the way snow sticks to things. This is the back of a wooden bench.

036 Snow-140205_01.jpg