Nikonites: Wow. Just... Wow!!

Blacktop

You know I would love to do that. I am just not sure if I could walk the whole thing you all cover. Who knows, with enough planning maybe I could do it and bring a wheelchair as backup :encouragement:

You don't have to walk much if you don't want to. @Whiskeyman brought his own chair, found a spot and sat down waiting for stuff to fly by.:)

Whiskeyman

You don't have to walk much if you don't want to. @Whiskeyman brought his own chair, found a spot and sat down waiting for stuff to fly by.:)

For next year, I'm trying to find a baby jogger that I can modify to carry all of my camera gear, my water bottles, snacks and even my chair. Maybe this will allow me to be able to go more than one day before my back just won't go any more...

And anyone from this group is welcome to set their chair up, sit down next to me, and take pictures for a while!!:encouragement:

WM

Danno

Well, I talked to my wife Pat about this and she agreed it would be a good trip. I am glad it came up early. I need time for some prayerful consideration and do some research. I would love to make this work. Love to get some face time with you all.

Kevin H

Well, I talked to my wife Pat about this and she agreed it would be a good trip. I am glad it came up early. I need time for some prayerful consideration and do some research. I would love to make this work. Love to get some face time with you all.

You won't regret it Dan great bunch of people some good laughs and birds and gators are plentiful :D

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I agree with that. I have been the last two years and the wife went with me this year. It is a great group and worth the time and money to go. I will be back next year.

Totally agree with everything posted... @jdeg and are trying to mimic the tone here over at CWOM. Laurie and I are already planning on attending the M&G next February too!

Nero

I've only tried one other forum besides this and the description the OP gave is 100% accurate. The staff were especially elitist, it was as if they believed their higher position in the forum alone made them a better photographer than everyone who was just a regular member. The ego coming from them alone was enough to choke a T-Rex. Combine that with the ego of a lot of the other members and it's like a toxic swamp. It's an attitude only the most insecure people can create. I haven't been there in years and thanks to this forum I don't need to be there or in any other photography forum.

spb_stan

I have been on a number of forums but the only one that seems unusually rude where any comment will bring a few negative or unfriendly comments is the largest, DPR. It is depressing to be around the negative attitudes.
I am a moderator for a large Nikon community with 285,000 member that is very polite and supportive, sometimes too polite. Overall, ALL photography forums are pretty tame compared to anything political, music, cars, sports, celebrity/media where the level of discourse is crazy in personal attacks for minor differences in views.
Photographic forums are more civil than photographic equipment forums. Gear heads mostly argue about equipment and not much discussion about photograph as an art. A lot of gear envy or hostility out there. I think the conduct on forums reflects the nature of the societies the posters are immersed in.
I find overall the US has become more intolerant and argumentative and notice a distinct difference every time I return back home. I don't open my mouth much on visits back because there is always some word or comment that that will cause a emotional reaction. It was not like that 30 years ago. I retreat back my my adopted home city where no one seems to take offense at anything, and almost any encounter is polite and friendly. I think the general level of discourse becoming more aggressive is one reason I don't see many people go out at night when I am back home.
This is a good community, I was welcomed warmly when I joined a month or so ago.

My only nit to pick at is the structure, it has a LOT of low posting forums by model number when activity would increase if they were concentrated into a smaller number of forums. For example, having separate forums for each similar model in the same series, means a question or comment that might be of interest to anyone in the model series range, likely is not seen unless they have the exact model for the forum it was posted in. Almost every question about a camera, say, D7200, also applies to all D7xxx cameras, but will likely only be seen by those with D7200. The appearance of activity breeds more activity, something forum admins found years ago, and activity is what keeps a forum viable. Same with retail stores, restaurant, or clubs, we tend to gravitate towards activity and the lack of it is the number one reason for people to enter then leave a bar, restaurant or furniture store etc. The does need more activity.

TKC_D500

For next year, I'm trying to find a baby jogger that I can modify to carry all of my camera gear, my water bottles, snacks and even my chair. Maybe this will allow me to be able to go more than one day before my back just won't go any more...

And anyone from this group is welcome to set their chair up, sit down next to me, and take pictures for a while!!:encouragement:

WM

One of my archery buddies did something similar except he used a golf club pull cart. He modified to carry everything and even found one that featured a fold down seat! I spend a lot of time being told to get off of his seat at tournaments now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk