nikon z8 and powerbanks

run3km

New member
I am looking for some help. i have a nikon z8 and also have 3rd party MB-N12 Power Battery Pack. i use a power bank on event work via the usb c port and works fine with just a normal batter but when i have the 3rd party MB-N12 Power Battery Pack also attached the powerbank does not work via the usb c port. if i plug the power bank into the 3rd party MB-N12 Power Battery Pack it will charge the batteries but not power the camera.

my question is has anyone used the offical MB-N12 Power Battery Pack with the power bank attached in the usb c port . i am wondering if it just the 3rd party one thats causing the issue
 

benhasajeep

New member
I have the MB-N12 but never tried to charge batteries from the camera. But I suspect it's because there is no longer a battery in the camera, they are both in the grip. If the bank does charge the batteries in the grip then I would say all is well. Just have to use that port.

I do know the Nikon grip port will power the camera, and also charge the 2 batteries off camera.
 
Top