Nikon investigating the reflection/flare issue in the D750

Ruidoso Bill

I spend a lot more time taking pictures than looking for issues, I have said it before, Starting with my D200, D300, D700, D800 and D810 I have never had any issues with my cameras and I use the ***t out of them all.

The high tech arena we live in makes it impossible to exercise every possible nuance of every camera, laptop, tablet. What I have observed over time is the reputation of a manufacturer, if there is a problem, gather the evidence and make it right, that is what I have seen Nikon do and why I trust my reputation and income to Nikon. Other manufacturers offer fine products but I chose to utilize Nikon equipment (no small investment) and I have never been disappointed with the bodies or the glass. I need reliability, consistent high quality performance. I may have missed a shot now and then but it was never due to Nikon. My 2 cents...

Ruidoso Bill

It never has been a problem in any of my shots so letting them mess around inside isn't going to do me any good and only has the potential of messing more up.

If they check or clean the sensor, I will send it in because I'll have to do that in the near future anyways. In my landscape shots those spots are too often visible.

What is your issue with cleaning a sensor, if you own a DSLR and change lenses you're gonna need to clean your sensor. I check and clean all mine prior to every important shoot, the non important ones are just fine.

Nero

So, now that Nikon is ready to fix the problem, what will the Nikon haters find to talk about? JUST kidding...

Sort of. :)

They always find something. That or they just go back to the redundant "Nikon sux!" argument. :p

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 4

J-see

What is your issue with cleaning a sensor, if you own a DSLR and change lenses you're gonna need to clean your sensor. I check and clean all mine prior to every important shoot, the non important ones are just fine.

I find it easier to have them clean it. They're supposed to be better at it than me. It's a bit like my car, I drive it but others exchange my oil.

I also got hands that are great if you want to strangle someone but less "handy" for the finer work.

Last edited:

sonicbuffalo_RIP

[MENTION=31330]J-see[/MENTION] - my hands are thick as crap.....but I clean my own sensor(s). It' such an easy task....I wouldn't think of sending it in to Nikon to have them clean it. It's so much easier to do it yourself and be ready to shoot in 2 minutes. Plus, a lot of the time, all you need is a rocket blower, and that will get the speck off of the sensor without a wet clean. That being said, I'm always prepared for a wet cleaning if need be.

keano12

Hello all. I have had no problems but saw this and don't know if this is the issue or not? Click to see more detail. test.jpg

J-see

Hello all. I have had no problems but saw this and don't know if this is the issue or not? Click to see more detail.View attachment 134161

That's not the famous leak. It only shows up during specific conditions; your position to a light-source just outside the FoV, the lens you use and the angle you tilt the cam. I never had it appear in any of my normal shots and had to actually put it on a pod and move it around below a light to discover it.

eal1

But Nikon recognized the issue, responded with a "silent recall" and thus, new stock has been recalled from authorized dealers (note the large NY box camera stores are back ordered for the 750), and the issue presumably will be fixed for future 750's. So the problem was real and, better yet, the response (unlke the 600 debacle) indicates Nikon has learned a lesson about customer service. I am putting the 750 back on my possible upgrade list when the stock returns, corrected at the source before purchase, and a significant sale price is offered (replicating the sale price bundled with the 24-120 f/4).