Nikon investigating the reflection/flare issue in the D750

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Nikon is stepping up to the plate. They are doing what a responsibile company should do. I hope it resolves the limited problem that they have had with the D750. I feel it will put the issue to bed. Of course, I'm not always right.

J-see

Nikon is stepping up to the plate. They are doing what a responsibile company should do. I hope it resolves the limited problem that they have had with the D750. I feel it will put the issue to bed. Of course, I'm not always right.

I bet that after some people have theirs fixed, they'll do their utmost best to check and show it isn't completely fixed. If you look for a problem hard enough you'll find one.

J-see

I'm going to wait until some have theirs fixed and I know if free service includes sensor cleaning. If the sensor isn't included, I'm not going to bother sending it in for the fix.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I'm going to wait until some have theirs fixed and I know if free service includes sensor cleaning. If the sensor isn't included, I'm not going to bother sending it in for the fix.

Because you have no issue with it, or because you don't think the fix Nikon talked about won't work? It does include a sensor adjustment/check to see if it is in the proper position. That may be worth sending it in for checking.

scotchtape

Might make it easier to sell your camera if you do send it in though

J-see

Because you have no issue with it, or because you don't think the fix Nikon talked about won't work? It does include a sensor adjustment/check to see if it is in the proper position. That may be worth sending it in for checking.

It never has been a problem in any of my shots so letting them mess around inside isn't going to do me any good and only has the potential of messing more up.

If they check or clean the sensor, I will send it in because I'll have to do that in the near future anyways. In my landscape shots those spots are too often visible.

J-see

Might make it easier to sell your camera if you do send it in though

Here people are not too willing buying or giving good money for a used cam. Lenses is pretty ok to sell but when it comes to cams many have the idea that it is being sold for a reason, read; because something is broken.

If I no longer use the cam, I rather give it to my sister's kids, or anyone else, for free than sell it for a ridiculous price.

J-see

You're right J-see......why fix perfection?

Perfection I'd not call it. ;)

The cam is doing a very good job but there are some minor issues I have at times of which I don't know why they happen or what makes them happen. It's annoying at times but not to a degree it bothers me.

All in all it provides me more joy than annoy.

eal1

Is it really too much to expect that a camera company correctly engineer and test their new, advanced
cameras BEFORE releasing them, and then correctly manufacture them to the highest standards of quality control? I enjoy my Nikons, have some shots of my kids from the late 1980's & 1990's and some new shots of my grandchild (2 months old now!) that warm my heart, but i am reluctant to purchase another NIkon until they resolve their quality control issues. A decade ago i purchased a VW that caused that company to lose my business forever. We shouldn't tolerate shoddy quality control - our cameras and lenses simply cost too much. That's my thinking anyway.

ShootRaw

I continue to shoot into the sun and still see no issues...
_DSC1122CC.jpg

J-see

Is it really too much to expect that a camera company correctly engineer and test their new, advanced
cameras BEFORE releasing them, and then correctly manufacture them to the highest standards of quality control? I enjoy my Nikons, have some shots of my kids from the late 1980's & 1990's and some new shots of my grandchild (2 months old now!) that warm my heart, but i am reluctant to purchase another NIkon until they resolve their quality control issues. A decade ago i purchased a VW that caused that company to lose my business forever. We shouldn't tolerate shoddy quality control - our cameras and lenses simply cost too much. That's my thinking anyway.

That's a mentality lost I fear. I still remember the days when you picked a certain brand that did cost more but provided quality and durability. Now you have the choice between cheaply produced and ridiculously cheaply produced and durability is fine-tuned to the warranty. In a consumption oriented economy, durability is counter-productive.

It works because we as consumers are so easily distracted. What annoys us now, tomorrow is forgotten.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

scotchtape

Yes good QC is... good.
But with the complexities of modern products it's just impossible to test for EVERYTHING.
It's easier to QC something with 100 moving parts than it is with 1000 moving parts that have been miniaturized along with the software that goes with it.

Woodyg3

Contributor
So, now that Nikon is ready to fix the problem, what will the Nikon haters find to talk about? JUST kidding...

Sort of. :)