Nikon D80 owners

nacg8or

I love mine. I was originally going to buy the D40, then the D60 as it came out while I was shopping around. I ended up buying the D60 but cancelled the order because I was trying to save money but I just didn't like the way it fit my hand. So, I decided to get the D80 because I liked the feel and the features and I'm glad I did. I bought it with the 18-70 lens because I knew I wanted the 70-300 VR so they would complement each other well.

Curt

The D80 is a fantastic camera, Although I mostly use mine as a back up to my D200. It is a great camera body. My favorite feature is the Retouch menu.
Great for when you are on the go and want to make some on camera ajustments.

SPJ

I use one and it has been superb. Hopefully I'll buy a D700 (or D800 if available) next year and my son will have the D80

I still keep my D80 as a backup, especially for potraits as I find it the best nikon camera so far for producing creamy soft skin tones for kids! I upgraded to the D90, and recently sold that to my sister as it wasn't a patch on the D80! They ROCK!!!!!

Curt

I too use my D80 as a back up to my D200, I love the Re touch menu. Nothing wrong with the D80, great camera. You can now pick them up at a steal.
So anyone starting out and looking for a great camera, the D80 is your best buy :).

sandy

Hi all, I have been using D80 since 2006....with 18-200 lens plus SB600...I'm ready for almost everything...I really love it...

sd76

Hey there, Im a D80 owner. Upgraded from D50 a few years back and still love it..although getting itchy fingers for an upgrade....

I currently use eithe rmy 50mm 1.8 or my recently attained 18-200VRII with SB600.

I had no idea it is no longer in production etc but I guess there are so many new and better models out there.

Curt

80 is a great camera, I have one and still love it as well. I just got a D7000 last week to add to my D200 & D80.
Still use the D80 a fair amount. If you are looking for an Up grade the D7000 is fantastc.

tw-heli

I have been using the D80 for a couple of years. Great camera. Only gripe I have is the viewfinder isn't close to 100% at all. Don't know specs. but it is a pain when you compose a shot. Just picked up a D7000, and that was one of the primary reasons for upgrading. We'll see has it goes. On the other hand it almost seems like a waste upgrading to the 7000, when the D80 is still a very fine camera. We'll see how it feels when I ge the 7000 and start using it.

Curt

You have a great camera with the D80, I have one and it has always served me well. Look forward to seeing your pictures in your gallery :).

n7okn

I posted this in the welcome area but wanted to post in the D80 area as well to get to know y'all.

I guess this forum is as good as any for the D80. I'm hoping for some technical help here as well.

I will keep my initial post short and introductory. For years I've wanted to dive into photography but never had the money to afford an SLR.
I finally got some money for my birthday, and my wife started looking at cameras. My friend wanted me to look at the D200 or at least the 90,
I had my eyes on a D40 at $200. I settled for a D80 at $350. After reading the specs, my friend thought it would be a great starter camera.
I bought a Tamron 28-80mm AF, and a Nikon AF (not s) 35-70mm (I could be a little off on the numbers). Been on a steep learning curve with learning all
the tricks and mastering the thing. I'm an IT professional, so I love challenges and also can be very patient when things go wrong as I have to
have patience every day on the job. I'm starting to learn the camera body I bought might have some limitations and now I have a ton of questions.
I'm hoping over the next few weeks and months some of you experts can help me along in becoming a seasoned photographer. I have the imagination,
now I need to know how to get the most out of my camera.

John