Newest member of the D800/D800e club!

Bill16

Thanks to my buddy @oldsalt My new D800e was mailed today, and suppose to get here in 3-5 days! Now I'm just waiting for the tracking number, and then for my Australian D800e! :)

oldsalt

Mail ? who said anything about mail ? - I just went down to the local beach, caught a couple of seagulls, tied the big gold box marked D800E to their legs with a bit of string and said "America's that way" and waved goodbye to them...;) so keep your eyes open Bill ... it should be there soon ... depending on the headwinds...
heh heh

Bill16

Sounds good to me! Lol ;)

Mail ? who said anything about mail ? - I just went down to the local beach, caught a couple of seagulls, tied the big gold box marked D800E to their legs with a bit of string and said "America's that way" and waved goodbye to them...;) so keep your eyes open Bill ... it should be there soon ... depending on the headwinds...
heh heh

Woodyg3

Contributor
That is exciting, Bill. You are going to need a new hard drive to hold all those 36mp picture files. :)

T-Man

I know that excited anticipation very well, Bill! I think you will really enjoy the D800e. I've had the D800 for nearly 2 years, and am still trying to improve my skills worthy of its capabilities.

Bill16

I may never accomplish that! Lol But I'm very sure I'll love trying to get there! Lol I do believe I will eventually get some spider shots that will be worth it to me to pay the cost of printing! :D

I know that excited anticipation very well, Bill! I think you will really enjoy the D800e. I've had the D800 for nearly 2 years, and am still trying to improve my skills worthy of its capabilities.

cadomniel

congrats on the D800E!
I see used D800s selling for only a couple hundred more than D610 nowadays so they have really lost value after D810 and D750 came out...never gave much thought to D800 but they have depreciated a lot in only a couple years and are a good value now

traceyjj

Congrats Bill! I love my D800, I can honestly say I will never out-grow it with my photography skills :) Now if they come out with a full-frame with the flip screen the same as the D5100, then I may need to change my camera.... but not until that happens :)

mikew_RIP

Congrats Bill! I love my D800, I can honestly say I will never out-grow it with my photography skills :) Now if they come out with a full-frame with the flip screen the same as the D5100, then I may need to change my camera.... but not until that happens :)

It had better be a few years away with your spending :D but i guess the camera dosent count as i think you said it was a present.

traceyjj

It had better be a few years away with your spending :D but i guess the camera dosent count as i think you said it was a present.
Its better than spending on shoes and handbags :D but you are right, it needs to be a good few years away yet ... I want more glass first LOL :emmersed:

Bill16

Well the D800e is now in to US in LOS ANGELES ! Woohoo! Apparently the seaguls that @oldsalt used flew very fast and in the right direction! Lol ;)
Just a couple days to wait and my little Aussie D800e will be here! Man oh man it's hard to wait even when shipping is fast! Lol :)
Now I need to decide which lens to put on it first, when I get the chance to try it out! Lol :)

cadomniel

in Canada used D800 are selling for nearly the same price as refurbed D610. I don't need another camera right now :p but it seems crazy you can pick up a like new D800 for $1,500 nowadays.

Bill16

I know what you mean buddy! I wanted this Nikon every since it came out I think, and now that I'm finally getting it amazes me! Lol :)
I'm sure glad they came down into the affordable price range! :D

in Canada used D800 are selling for nearly the same price as refurbed D610. I don't need another camera right now :p but it seems crazy you can pick up a like new D800 for $1,500 nowadays.

Bill16

Well the tracking is saying my D800e is in the delivery truck out for deliveries! Now predicted to be here by end of day!! Woohoo!!!! :)
I got my fingers crossed that it will arrive to our post office in time, so I can get it today! :)

cadomniel

Thats really exciting hope you get your new toy today! I am impressed that it got so quickly from Australia.
Even ship from the other side of Canada took two weeks and that was Xpresspost shipping!!!

Now you just need to find a grip...
I have recently bought the genuine grip for the D7100 and can't live without grips now. Never thought I'd like the grip but I bought it mainly for use to lift the camera higher when on the flash bracket when its rigged for Macro stuff but now I just leave it on all the time.

Bill16

Yes me too buddy, for sure! Lol Yes I'm big fan of Nikon battery grips, and I've had a battery grip on every Nikon DSLRI ever owned! Lol :)
But the cost may slow me down in getting a grip, since I have to pay off the Nikon first, otherwise I would buy it next payday first thing! Lol :)

Thanks my friend for rooting for me! :D

Thats really exciting hope you get your new toy today! I am impressed that it got so quickly from Australia.
Even ship from the other side of Canada took two weeks and that was Xpresspost shipping!!!

Now you just need to find a grip...
I have recently bought the genuine grip for the D7100 and can't live without grips now. Never thought I'd like the grip but I bought it mainly for use to lift the camera higher when on the flash bracket when its rigged for Macro stuff but now I just leave it on all the time.

Bill16

Woohoo my D800e is here!!! I'm really needing a battery grip soon, but the camera is awesome! Thank you very much @oldsalt for the 2 awesome books too! In a few days I'll post my first shots taken with this awesome Nikon! :)