New D500 dilemma, what would you do?

Roy1961

Contributor
as much as I would love to keep the second one I will be in contact with them to get it back, for all I know some poor guy maybe on the hook for his error?, plus I would always be waiting on them taking the money out of my account when I least expected it. I will be happy enough if the new camera works the way its supposed too.

cwgirl197

as much as I would love to keep the second one I will be in contact with them to get it back, for all I know some poor guy maybe on the hook for his error?, plus I would always be waiting on them taking the money out of my account when I least expected it. I will be happy enough if the new camera works the way its supposed too.

Glad to know that your morals are intact!!! You're awesome Roy and it is refreshing knowing that there are still good people left in this world!

Nikon D750, Nikon D800, Nikon 16-35 f/4, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-300
Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Sigma 105mm f2.8
Sigma 150-600 C
Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 Di VC USD

cwgirl197

and I was going to send it to you as you asked first.....:)

Naaah, I have the utmost respect for you for doing the right thing!

Nikon D750, Nikon D800, Nikon 16-35 f/4, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-300
Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Sigma 105mm f2.8
Sigma 150-600 C
Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 Di VC USD

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Hopefully the karma (good) will come in the form of your camera working great throughout it's life in your hands!

Dawg Pics

for all I know some poor guy maybe on the hook for his error?

Could be a disgruntled employee kind of error. He may be sending two of everything out before the end of the day. :rolleyes:

I ordered dinnerware and serving pieces one time and received a double shipment. The shipping error was after the fact, since I already paid. They had no clue. I returned the extra back to Macy's. Likely, it was just a data input error.

Last edited:

Samo

I think I would have probably kept it but I really like your reasoning behind returning it Roy. Someone getting fired or money withdrawn out of my account when least expecting it is a very good reason both of which I didn't think about. After all it was a warranty deal and not exactly a purchase and who knows if the rules are the same in that situation. What a dilemma. I pray that they might just give it to you.

Now if it gets lost in the mail and they bill you for it please don't tell us about it.

Last edited:

captain birdseye

If he lived in the UK I am pretty sure that under recent laws he could have kept it.
I know its off topic a little but I bought an external filter for an aquarium a couple of years ago and one minor ( but vital ) part was missing.
I contacted the supplier for the replacement part only to be sent a complete unit!
Cost of part = £5-£10.
Cost of complete unit £150.
No cover note requesting a return just a receipt listing the item and charge of £0.00, as a result I have a spare complete filter unit.

Last edited:

Roy1961

Contributor
made contact and got a return label, sending it back tomorrow, new one seems to be going good, now just need to learn it more.

Daz

If he lived in the UK I am pretty sure that under recent laws he could have kept it

I agree, I work for a pretty big high street chain and the amount of stock we get in that are multipacked boxes, this would 99% been a genuine error that you would be able to take full advantage of.

However it is a good deed to send it back, are they giving you any good will vouchers Roy?

Roy1961

Contributor
I agree, I work for a pretty big high street chain and the amount of stock we get in that are multipacked boxes, this would 99% been a genuine error that you would be able to take full advantage of.

However it is a good deed to send it back, are they giving you any good will vouchers Roy?

not unless they surprise me. lol

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I deal with Amazon Customer Service on the phone all the time at work... If you want you can call them at: (888) 280-4331.

I made a note of that number. The phone number I've used for Amazon is (866) 216-1072. They outsource a lot of their calls. The most interesting rep I ever spoke with was in Cape Town, South Africa. Her dialect sounded kind of French. But they are very good with customer service via phone.