My Portfolio Website

How do you rate the website ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sourab89

Yep.. count me as one of those who stopped using IE like a gazillion years back..
Simply, it's useless, unintuitive, unfriendly, dozens of crashes.. i can just go on..

My sincere request, advice to all using ie... JUMP!!
try chrome or Firefox & you'll be happy you did

Very true... There are numerous sites not compatible with IE ! :(

Even the sites like google.com and yahoo.com are incompatible with IE8 !!!

Microsoft's IE 8 incompatibility list: 2,400 major sites (and counting) | ZDNet

sourab89

Hey, This is great. Did you design it by yourself? By the way, I will be happy to inform you that Online Portfolio Websites for Photographers, Videographers, Artists & Designers is one of the finest platform that helps you to create smart portfolio websites. :)

Thanks Ajay :). Yup, I have designed it and hence I am little nervous regarding the look and feel of the website !
thank you for sharing the link :). I have heard of pixpa, It's one of the best platform i have seen !

eurotrash

Needs to be up to date with whatever brower is the latest build. You can't simply expect it to be compatible with IE9 just because it has most of the code build of IE7 or 8 in it. Another part here is that people will also access it on mobile devices. Which, by the way, I can access on my Android devices, though the formatting is all whacked out with text on the right spanning more than the screen of my device. Have not tested on a tablet or iDevice yet, but it's an important consideration to make in this day and age.

ktan7

You designed this website? Great work! Love the full page home page and the gallery is awesome. Love how it scrolls left to right. Good work!

Ruidoso Bill

You need to reduce the resolution of the home page so it loads more quickly, you only need 72 dpi for screen.

Viewing the site with google chrome the links on the gallery page need work, the first half of each word ie "Wedding" are not active, just the second half, make the entire word the hyperlink.

About me, the words "through my images" goes into the adjacent image. Also why did you place the "Follow Me" vertically, difficult to read.

Also is the navigation done with flash? if so it won't work on most mobile devices.

IE is used by the majority of computer users running windows, you are best to create the site to be compatible with IE first and the other browsers second, just my opinion, I have been doing web design for many years.

You have no search engine data built into the site, google and other engines will not list the site as it is.

Last edited:

sourab89

You need to reduce the resolution of the home page so it loads more quickly, you only need 72 dpi for screen.

Viewing the site with google chrome the links on the gallery page need work, the first half of each word ie "Wedding" are not active, just the second half, make the entire word the hyperlink.

About me, the words "through my images" goes into the adjacent image. Also why did you place the "Follow Me" vertically, difficult to read.

Also is the navigation done with flash? if so it won't work on most mobile devices.

IE is used by the majority of computer users running windows, you are best to create the site to be compatible with IE first and the other browsers second, just my opinion, I have been doing web design for many years.

You have no search engine data built into the site, google and other engines will not list the site as it is.

Thank you so much for the detailed description/feedback. Truly appreciate it !!!

Home- will reduce the dpi... thanks for the tip. i guess its 240dpi at the moment.

Gallery - correcting it

About me - updating it to keep text instead of moving text

all the navigation/animation are done using jquery. flash is not used anywhere

how to put search engine data built into the site ? I am not aware of that .

sourab89

Hello all,

I have updated my portfolio website based on the opinions and added my recent work into it. Please have a look at it and let me know your thoughts :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
Much improved. Just to remind you of what some of the others said, it also needs to load nicely on mobile devices . . . can be a real turnoff if the website comes up "scrambled". it's obvious that you have worked very hard on this and you have some very lovely images.

​Good luck to you

sourab89

Much improved. Just to remind you of what some of the others said, it also needs to load nicely on mobile devices . . . can be a real turnoff if the website comes up "scrambled". it's obvious that you have worked very hard on this and you have some very lovely images.

​Good luck to you

Thank you very much... Yeah My aim was to start with the desktop version. Now will test them in mobile devices and update it accordingly... Thank you very very much :)

wud

You are of to a great start! But I think its very confusing how to navigate around, your crucial links move around a LOT (gallery - about me - etc). I ended at main page twice before figuring out, how to look at the kids pictures.

People dont wanna click a lot, make it simple :)