My name is _______ and I am overweight

Roy1961

Contributor
Original goal was 54lbs cause i am 54, seemed like a good idea at the time, i will see how far it goes, may be tougher with thanksgiving and Xmas on the horizon. Lol

Bill4282

Sodas are a trick. Check the sodium content; designed to make you thirsty. Myfitnesspal works if you stick with it. Water is your friend. If it's white, don't eat it; ALL white foodstuffs are high in carbs. Must count carbs and calories; I was counting carbs and my diabetes levels were great but gaining weight because I wasn't worried about calories. This is a great thread.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Roy1961

Contributor
i even swapped my "in n out" double double cheeseburger with buns/bread for a protien one, its wrapped in lettuce, must say its pretty good, tastes even better. Like Bill said i have cut down my diet sodas big time, still have an odd one here and there.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Well, I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to be able to post in this thread again. After all you don't want to post the negatives (or is that the positives). Ha! I seemed to have stalled for a while. Down two, up three, down three... but finally I have managed to lose 10 more pounds since my last weight lose post in Sep. This now makes a total of 30 lbs. Only a few more (six or so) to make my goal before going to the Doc in December. I can't believe how the Doc's keep changing the "standards" for blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. Every time I meet the standard they used to like, they lower it! :rolleyes:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Well, I was starting to wonder if I was ever going to be able to post in this thread again. After all you don't want to post the negatives (or is that the positives). Ha! I seemed to have stalled for a while. Down two, up three, down three... but finally I have managed to lose 10 more pounds since my last weight lose post in Sep. This now makes a total of 30 lbs. Only a few more (six or so) to make my goal before going to the Doc in December. I can't believe how the Doc's keep changing the "standards" for blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. Every time I meet the standard they used to like, they lower it! :rolleyes:

I might add that I did get a haircut and beard trim. Maybe that helped. :playful:

I might add that I did get a haircut and beard trim. Maybe that helped. :playful:

I shave my head. Every little bit helps.

My weight loss seems to go in cycles. I will get down to a certain level and go up and down 1 to 2 pounds for a week or so and then start dropping down again. The average will go down 3 or 4 pounds and then level out again. From all I hear this is fairly normal

Bill4282

Good work Don. I know how hard it is; just keep at it. You'll have a bad day but just put it behind and move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roy1961

Contributor
That would put me at 6 foot 195 pounds.

so does 6 foot 195 pounds start after 6 foot 11 inch??:rolleyes:

well done mate, it will get harder to lose soon, just keep at it, i am still at 210, 2nd -3rd week maybe? i have taken my eye of the ball so to speak, need to finish and reach my goal before i relax.

so does 6 foot 195 pounds start after 6 foot 11 inch??:rolleyes:

well done mate, it will get harder to lose soon, just keep at it, i am still at 210, 2nd -3rd week maybe? i have taken my eye of the ball so to speak, need to finish and reach my goal before i relax.

I tend to get to a certain weight and hover within a pound or so for a week and then drop down a couple of pounds and hover some more. Frustrating at times but what I think is happening is that my body is getting used to the new levels and then cranking up again to lose a little more. At least that is what I hope is happening.

Lee-Ann

Good luck, last year I lost 32kgs (not sure of the conversion) simply by cutting out bread, pasta and rice. Made a huge difference to my energy levels too.

Now they have the whole banting thing that has just take something that simple a whole lot further but moderation is the best.

It's never easy and I'm looking forward to losing a few more while I help my sister and step sister in law lose a few of their unwanted kilos. So much easier when you have some support from someone whose been there and is familiar with the struggle.

I hope you are going to do a lot of walking out and about with your camera though. The walking is a really great way to burn bodyfat ;)

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Good luck, last year I lost 32kgs (not sure of the conversion) simply by cutting out bread, pasta and rice. Made a huge difference to my energy levels too.
;)

Way to go [MENTION=40706]Lee-Ann[/MENTION]! If I calculated correctly, that is about 71 lbs. Nothing to sneeze at for sure!

As of this morning, I have made a drop in weight of 35 lbs. Just a few more (about 5) to reach my goal. I am using a diet plan that has existed for a long time. If followed, it has never failed throughout the history of it's existence. It is the PAFTTS diet. Push Away From The Table Sooner. :highly_amused:

I hope you are going to do a lot of walking out and about with your camera though.

32kgs is equal to 70.5479 pounds. That is fantastic. That is just a little over my total goal. The main part of my diet is cutting out carbs which is your breads, pasta and rice so I am going about it the same way.

Walking is a problem for me but I am trying to do more of it now. I have already had a total knee replacement and it works great but talked to the doctor in November and we are going to make the decision to either fuse my ankle or replace it after the first of the year. Losing what I have lost has helped me to be able to walk a little more than I did. I have started going to the gym and working out some but other health issues limit that for now. The nice thing about losing the weight is that it is improving some of these other issues.