My name is _______ and I am overweight

I KNOW I NEED IT. Lose around 80 pounds. But working on the road an having only certain places to eat.
Good luck with it Don. I hear if you walk alot that is just as good as running. Of course it should be at a very fast pace.

That is one of my problems. I had the knee replaced and was getting a mile to two miles a day in walking and then the ankle starting going south. I am now in a knee high custom brace so very little walking. Back is bad and have had surgery once on it already so that limits what I can do. I think I am going to try the stationary bike and see how everything tolerates that.

Luck to ya friend, and to me too, as I just started the fight again in earnest! I've got 55 to lose, as I think 6'4" and 235 would be pretty durn healthy. ;)

I am 6 foot and some of the charts I looked at today said I should be a 140 to 183 lbs. Are they crazy with that 140 number? I might could see 183. I would be the hunk I used to be if I get there. LOL

And Pretzel, you have to get down to 156 to 204 lbs according to the charts.

I am shooting for 195. I think I would look and feel good there.

Kendall_

I had to think about starting this for a while but realized that there are people on here that even if they are not in the same boat they are for the most part very supportive people. Sometimes you just need to talk to someone and hopefully get some pats on the back when you do good and some encouragement when things just don't do good. I plan on posting the good and the bad in this thread and would encourage anyone that wants to join in our "Little" group to come on down.

If you are bald then you do get extra credit.
Does a shaved head count?

Vincent

Hello everyone, I`m Vincent and I`m obese.
Crazy how close the evolution is, when I met my wife 6 ft 1.4 and 176 pounds about (1m86,5 , 80kg), I did not get taller but must be up to 110kg (240pounds) = BMI over 30. I`m trying to go around with my 500mm more. My issue is mainly work, if things do not go the way I want it I tend to eat more. I also like a drink (not an alcohol issue, I sometimes do not drink for days) but too many calories. I recently shifted up a suit size and changed brand in shirts (6 cm extra circumference).

I need more time for eating to plan more intelligent what I eat and more exercise.

They have found that diet drinks are as bad for you as regular drinks

My colleague a good German was still allowed diet drinks, since juices have as many calories. He lost 45kg and needs to loose about the same, yes he needed to loose 200 pounds.

Roy1961

Contributor
lost the toughest 3 lbs so far, took me 3 weeks, finally over the 40lb (41lb) milestone, bike rides must be working.

I think I figured out a new exercise for me. Picking up my camera bag. I weighed it to make sure it was not to heavy to use a carry on on the airlines. My camera bag weighs 28 pounds. Or 12.7kg or 2 stones. Who still uses the stone for weight measurement?

I actually like it. Does not sound like I weight so much. 17.85 Stone

Whiskeyman

I feel your pain Don. I'm struggling to loose some weight myself. The lack of or inconsistent exercise on my part made me gain 10 lbs since my retirement from the military last Sept.

I refuse to buy larger clothes so this extra lbs gotta go!

Glenn
Caution: Typos may occur randomly.

You haven't been retired very long! I retired 65 pounds ago!!:cool:

WM

Last edited:

Roy1961

Contributor
UK still weigh in stones, 1 more pound and i will be 3 stones lighter (42lbs), If only my knee would play nice, today hasnt been to bad, it comes and goes for some reason.

UK still weigh in stones, 1 more pound and i will be 3 stones lighter (42lbs), If only my knee would play nice, today hasnt been to bad, it comes and goes for some reason.

Old age sneaking up on you FAST.

An odd unit of measurement. I knew there was a good reason we kicked them out of here a LONG time ago.

How are you losing the weight (we all want to know)

Roy1961

Contributor
cut out junk food and cookies chips etc, first 28lbs was easy, fell of 3-4 lbs a week, again only drinking water.

cut out junk food and cookies chips etc, first 28lbs was easy, fell of 3-4 lbs a week, again only drinking water.

I am cutting way back on Coke Zero. Tried to cut it all out but the headaches decided I needed to cut back a little slower. Down to just three a day which is about a third of what I was drinking. Will cut one more in a week or so. Cutting back to less than 50 carb a day and that is hard.

Roy1961

Contributor
it will be well worth it for you, i am ready to tackle the 350ft hill tomorrow morning on my bike, its 10 mile into my ride so i will be loosened up for it, downhill is brill, dont even pedal for about 2 miles. lol

sam49

I have a bad knee, waiting for an operation to sort it. I swim, walk in the water (good resistance work and no high impact on the joints)... my gym has some great equipment for people with bad knees... but most of my changes have been from working with free-weights... they have strengthened the muscles, even around the knees... when I go for my walks at the weekend, my knee is strapped.

Thanks for the advice ive had the operation but now my ankle is problem

Roy1961

Contributor
uploadfromtaptalk1436715699091.png

jherring002

Some tips. Drink a glass of water before eating. Eat smaller portions. Use a smaller plate to trick your brain into thinking you have more food than you do. Eat slowly. The more you chew the more your brain thinks that you are eating.

These are some tips my wife has used and is down over 20lbs in 2 months.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk