My first protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABN Panzer

DTigga,
No. That is not an assault rifle. It is a semi automatic rifle. There is a difference and in this case words have meanings. Many of which are confusing the point in the gun debate that is going on.

**Edit** Didnt realize Moab Man had previously answered this.

Last edited:

ABN Panzer

Yes but I do not see your point.

Sorry about that. My phone truncated my response and that was the only part that seemed to make it through and I wish I remembered the wording i used in the post.

Full disclosure: I own more than a few firearms. I am a hunter, recreational and competative shooter. Several of my firearms ar AR-15 'styled'. So I guess, according to Eye-Level I'm a 'weiner'? :) Wouldn't that be similar to calling a photographer a pervert? I guess I could simply clump us into the same group that takes innapropriate pictures of underaged children... I mean... it is all about the children... right?

And before anyone get's their underwear all bunched up... I am not comparing the taking of photos to kids getting killed. It was a Horrible act. There is no doubt. So many other things need to be addressed (Pharmacutical drugs, mental illness, enforcing the laws that already regulate the purchase, handling and storage of fire arms) but everyone's focus seems to simply be on banning the scary looking weapon.

However we all seemed to Hijack Vindex1963's thread for a political debate (My apologies for my role in it).

Last edited:

KWJams

Do you really think the bad guys would give a hoot if they were limited to not owning firearms?

In that instance as well as the movie theatre and recent school shootings the bad guys saw soft targets. When have you ever heard of a bad guy storming into a Police station to create mayhem?

vindex1963

I have a cool idea start your own thread and chest pound all day long.....everyone.
I have more to share but I'm not. I'm good with this thread being closed.

KWJams

More people are killed by alcohol related causes than by privately owned firearms.

We regulate alcohol and place limits on who can possess it, so using your logic why do alcohol related deaths continue?

Scott Murray

I have a cool idea start your own thread and chest pound all day long.....everyone.
I have more to share but I'm not. I'm good with this thread being closed.
I agree and I apologise, you have captured some great photos and moments in history. The lenses work well and I may even look at getting similar for a walk around. Great work keep posting.

Deleted unnecessary posts.

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Okay, I think this thread has run its course. :)

FYI, in the future posts that display multiple pictures like that may be better suited for the blog

ohkphoto

Snow White
Just a friendly reminder to get this thread back on track . . . "learning photography" andNOT a discussion on types of guns or gun rights that can deteriorate very quickly into a "flame war."

While we're all a pretty friendly bunch here, please be kind and not hijack other members' threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.