Moab Man's 2018

Moab Man

January 11th, My daughters eye.

W_DSC_4312_.jpg

Moab Man

Out late to a movie last night, but shot these walking around prior to the movie as the last bit of light fell over the horizon.

January 12th

W_DFG_3439.jpg

Moab Man

January 13th, Wendy

Our friend Wendy, I know she hasn't been around in quite some time, needed a portrait of herself to display because she was asked to hang some of her work at a local camera store. Of course I had to take care of her.

W_DSG_6540.jpg

Ironwood

January 10th, Sleeping in the hall under the nightlight with her buddy in the January 6th photo. She is getting late into the autumn of her life. This pound rescue, from when my daughter was a little pup, is the best dog we've owned and the smartest. Going to miss her one day.
She looks like an Australian Heeler, great dogs and very smart and loyal.

Moab Man

She looks like an Australian Heeler, great dogs and very smart and loyal.

I wish that I could truly nail what kind of dog she is. By far the best dog I have ever owned. When we got her from the pound she was identified as an Australian Stumpy Tail - she has a stump for a tail and it's natural. She comes up to mid shin to knee cap and weighs 21 lbs, muscular and short haired. Very barrel chested.

Here is another picture of her playing with our then puppy as the last shred of light faded.

Freckles.jpg

Last edited:

Krs_2007

Moab Man's 2018, 365 photo thread

We got a cowboy corgi, a little different but very similar builds. Tail is docked/short stub, ours is 5 months old and 24 pounds, about mid shin in height but big chest. A lot of people are breeding healers with other breeds. Very intelligent dogs, let me say that again, very smart and great problem solvers, she is a blue healer corgi mix. So healer for sure.
19b922fb8bc7da991d8f170d155eb9c9.jpg
ed9af4b13b24dc8de1e01dd6db69806e.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Moab Man

Tail is docked/short stub,

Natural or cut?

Looks remarkably similar in many ways.

Update: I did some searching of cowboy corgi and found a near identical dog to my own who is a breeder. I emailed them so that hopefully they can finally tell me definitively what kind of dog she is.

Last edited:

Krs_2007

Moab Man's 2018, 365 photo thread

That I don’t know, but her mother had a long tail and the corgi had a docked tail. Never asked. My daughter has an augie which is a corgi Australian Shepard mix and his tail is really short. So i really see a lot of healer in the dog in question but the tail remains a mystery.

All the pictures of my dog is cell phone, really need to get a better shot which would show the same build.

Look up cowboy corgis, all sorts of colors but shorter than a full blood healer.

Last edited:

Moab Man

That I don’t know, but her mother had a long tail and the corgi had a docked tail. Never asked. My daughter has an augie which is a corgi Australian Shepard mix and his tail is really short. So i really see a lot of healer in the dog in question but the tail remains a mystery.

All the pictures of my dog is cell phone, really need to get a better shot which would show the same build.

From what I have been told/read the Australian Stumpy Tail has the naturally stump tail, but I never found any with her coat. Fingers crossed, maybe I will have an answer from the breeders.

Krs_2007

Right the coat is different, look up cowboy corgi and you will see a bunch of differences. You never know what you get with cross breeds. I will say almost all healers I have seen have a tail. Either way, the breed is one of the smartest, problem solving, high energy, loving dogs. Enjoy, she keeps us on our toes but wouldn’t trade her.

Ironwood

The tail-less variety is an offshoot breed of the original Halls Heeler, from what I have read, it was developed to remove some of the problems with the original line of dogs. In the link I posted above it explains a bit about the 2 lines, and there are links you can click on in the article to further drill down on some more details.

Kevins dog and the description of the Cowboy variety being crossed with a Corgi may explain the shorter looking legs.

Here is a link to more images of the breed - https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...EvdvYAhVKwLwKHSXUBl0QsAQIJg&biw=2086&bih=1142
There is least one in there with no tail, also noticed a Dingo image as well on the 8th row ( orange dog ) this is the type of native dog that Hall bred with his original working dogs to create the Australian Cattle Dog/Heeler .