Mirrorless vs DSLR

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't see it happening Marcel. If it would be possible, why didn't Sony and Canon do it already? Keep in mind that they want to make money as well and they won't do that by just selling camera bodies only. I think if they were going to do it, they would have to set the sensor further back, which would make the camera bigger, which defeats the purpose of a mirrorless camera. The only other option, is to move the lens forward and they have to do that with an adapter.

Well, I haven't seen it happening either, but it would be quite possible. Just think of your adapter as built-in. At least the auto-focus and full aperture metering would be possible.

AC016

Well, I haven't seen it happening either, but it would be quite possible. Just think of your adapter as built-in. At least the auto-focus and full aperture metering would be possible.

Aha! Built in adapter, i like it! Yes, that would actually be a great idea. It would not add that much more to the front of the camera, but it may be a bit fugly. Anyhow, i really think Nikon is way overdue in making a great APS-C mirrorless camera.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I don't see it happening Marcel. If it would be possible, why didn't Sony and Canon do it already? Keep in mind that they want to make money as well and they won't do that by just selling camera bodies only. I think if they were going to do it, they would have to set the sensor further back, which would make the camera bigger, which defeats the purpose of a mirrorless camera. The only other option, is to move the lens forward and they have to do that with an adapter.

....which, in essence, ALSO makes the camera bigger....you do have to include the adapter in that case.

MrVee

Each has its value....depending on your genre. I love the feel on the classic body. Nikon is still a little behind with there mirrorless bodies, I would hold off at this moment.