Mikew wildlife and other things 2016

mikew_RIP

Hen Blackbird

DSC_6108.jpg

Blacktop

This one i took at 600mm and 420mm for some testing,i have posted the 600mm but this is the 420mm.

View attachment 200460

I believe I prefer this one. I always like to see some of the surroundings . In my ever so humble opinion , it makes for a much more pleasing shot. I don't much care for bird shots where the whole bird takes up the entire frame.
Having said that, I am sometimes guilty of this. Especially since I have the large lens, I tend to forget this and zoom all the way in filling the frame with the bird. Then when I compare these shots against a somewhat zoomed out shot, I see the error of my ways.:)

mikew_RIP

I believe I prefer this one. I always like to see some of the surroundings . In my ever so humble opinion , it makes for a much more pleasing shot. I don't much care for bird shots where the whole bird takes up the entire frame.
Having said that, I am sometimes guilty of this. Especially since I have the large lens, I tend to forget this and zoom all the way in filling the frame with the bird. Then when I compare these shots against a somewhat zoomed out shot, I see the error of my ways.:)

Pete been doing it a lot longer than you and i still make the same mistake,sometimes i think i will never learn,i think its when your looking through the viewfinder a frame filling image looks better but as you say later when its too late you wish you had some space.:D

mikew_RIP

As i posted in the latest purchase thread i treated my V2 to a new lens,the Sigma 50-500,before doing it i looked over some images from when i had one on loan with my D7100,a few from last year.

DSC_7904.jpg

DSC_8111.jpg

DSC_8032.jpg