Meet and Greet Lakeland 2018 Countdown

Whiskeyman

Uh, oh!!! I'm hearing that these went up at the entries of the AA closure area today. Apparently, this is due to the large number of alligators out on the trail and the episodes of visitors getting very close to them, either disturbing them or creating a human safety hazard. The word I'm getting is that this closure will last until it warms up. Whether that means until the next warm-up or the spring, I don't know.

C-B-B AA Closure Notice.jpg

Wayne

Blacktop

Uh, oh!!! I'm hearing that these went up at the entries of the AA closure area today. Apparently, this is due to the large number of alligators out on the trail and the episodes of visitors getting very close to them, either disturbing them or creating a human safety hazard. The word I'm getting is that this closure will last until it warms up. Whether that means until the next warm-up or the spring, I don't know.

View attachment 277930

Wayne

You've seen one alligator you've seen them all. As long as the birds are around, I'm good.

Kevin H

View attachment 277930

Wayne

That blocks the Heron nest off :(

richnmib

Unfortunately I don't think I will make it. I think it will be to hard to walk the trails with the orthopedic boot I will be wearing. But next year I will be there.

SkvLTD

Funny enough I'm going to Tampa this Sunday for a cruise, so we'll see about the 20th as far as funds and schedule goes.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Unfortunately I don't think I will make it. I think it will be to hard to walk the trails with the orthopedic boot I will be wearing. But next year I will be there.

Did I miss something or just forget - why are you wearing a boot?

Kevin H

Take a Chair and sit with Wayne :D I'm going to walk alot slower this year an concentrate on the smaller birds