Marcel's 2018 Nikon and Fuji shots for 2018

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
A few more I did, thanks to Don that generously let me use his Tamron 150-600.

D72_0693.jpg

D72_0571.jpg

D72_0743.jpg

D72_0725.jpg

Whiskeyman

I'd love to Marilynn. I have a friend that I studied photography with in the 70s that is presently camping in Boynton so I'm suppose to call her when I drive by on my way down. But maybe I could stop by to meet you and Chris on my way back from my sister. Maybe if you could pm me your phone info, I'd get in touch with you when time comes.

Boynton is too close to Delray Beach for you to not visit Wako with your friend in tow. Unless, that is, she knows of a better place than Wako. If so, please PM me with the name of the place and how to get there!! :)

WM

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
So, Line was able to talk you in to going to Disney. How crazy was it?
It was crowded, but not so bad. We were able to get to do all we wanted. The only problem was getting there. Seems the exit for our hotel was closed and my GPS kept me going in circles for a while. But overall it was a great experience and we're glad we went.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
The only problem was getting there. Seems the exit for our hotel was closed and my GPS kept me going in circles for a while. But overall it was a great experience and we're glad we went.

Marcel, Waze is a terrific and free cell phone app in case you want a second navigation tool. Even Google Maps isn't bad. I've used them a few times when I pushed the wrong thing on my Garmin unit and couldn't get it fixed quickly. :beguiled:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Marcel, Waze is a terrific and free cell phone app in case you want a second navigation tool. Even Google Maps isn't bad. I've used them a few times when I pushed the wrong thing on my Garmin unit and couldn't get it fixed quickly. :beguiled:
Thanks Cindy, I have Google Maps, but my roaming data plan was filled for that day. I didn't know at the time and while driving I just couldn't stop to see what the exact problem was, but Google Maps was just unresponsive. So I had to rely on my Garmin. I eventually got the idea of where I was going and after going around twice, I figured out the correct route. But after a full day of driving, this was one thing I didn't need.
We're in Pennsylvania now and might make it home tonight if I don't find a place to stop for pictures. Might be a grey day so we'll see.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Pandora 3D put us right in the Avatar movie. Riding a flying dragon was almost real. Virtual reality is getting closer and closer to the real thing.

_DSF6332.jpg

Santee state park

_DSF6384.jpg

_DSF6390.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
From the warmth of florida to our winter storm. I only had to use the snowblower 3 times so far today. :)

Took a quick shot of my neighbor's X-mas decorations that are still in place. The deer really looked like a wolf.

Fuji with 300mm Nikkor.

_DSF6406.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
My daily picture is a copy of a picture that my parents took of me when I was 2 years old. It could be considered a "Piano person" picture since I'm standing with piano actions that my dad had taken to his shop for repairs. I copied this picture using my Df and 28-80 plastic zoom.

2 years old piano tech.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
When I come out to my cat with the camera, here's it's reaction: What the hell do you want?

DSC_2287.jpg