Macro - Micro?

AC016

Hi Lascha, Have you tried your kit 18-55 for macro yet? As you may know, the lens is sharp, pretty sharp! Just my advice: if you are not going to dedicate alot of time to doing macro, i would not invest in a dedicated macro lens. As you said yourself, you are not going to take pictures of anything that may move. Therefore, no real need for extra focal length. Seriously, use and abuse your kit lens for macro, i think you will be very pleased with the results.

Lscha

Ted, I ended up getting the Raynox converter. Amazon.com: Raynox DCR-250 Super Macro Snap-On Lens: Camera & Photo I spent my money on a wide angle instead. The converter is fine for what I want to do and my last bee was taken with my kit lens. I don't have any need to photo fly hairs but I would like to get some good dew drops sometime.

mustardbee1400.jpg

Lscha

Thanks Tami Jo. The bee was taken with my 18-55mm kit lens alone. I haven't played with my converter much because I've been too busy with my zoom and wide angle but I did experiment with it and took a pic of one of those tiny gold safety pins. You know the ones I mean. They are pretty tiny. I like the result and it will work fine for the water drops I want to take. I have gotten some nice close-ups of dragon flies with my 55-300mm too.

tinypin.jpg