Lightroom CC 2015 Exif data not showing correctly

J-see

It's not the site that causes it. We see the symptoms of a bug in LR6.

If it is only happening here, it's probably too freakish to expect a fix soon.

Last edited:

Blacktop

Let me try something. I imported Scott's shot with the faulty EXIF in LR 5.7 and then exported again.

I'm curious.

View attachment 153369

Yes it would work because the the model is written to it already. It just doesn't show up here when exporting from the new LR. I did the same as you except I imported it to the new LR.

from LRCC-8673.jpg

Blacktop

It's not the site that causes it. We see the symptoms of a bug in LR6.

If it is only happening here, it's probably too freakish to expect a fix soon.

As someone said earlier. it's a handshake thing. Why else would it work with Flickr and not here?

J-see

Yes it would work because the the model is written to it already. It just doesn't show up here when exporting from the new LR. I did the same as you except I imported it to the new LR.

View attachment 153370

It sure is a strange bug. I checked 5.7 if I could maybe tweak the metadata but there's no option to adjust make or model. Is there one in the 6 version? If, maybe there something can be done.

Attachments

• 20150425-20150425-SHM_8673-2.jpg
    20150425-20150425-SHM_8673-2.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

J-see

How does the metadata section in LR 5.7 look compared to my earlier screen shot?

It looks normal. I have no 6 to compare it to but when comparing your shot against any of mine, the meta is the same. It's likely just some code that needs a different value.

Last edited:

wornish

I have just used a program called exiftool to display the detailed exif data in each file.

Attached is a converted pdf file which I hope shows the differences between the two versions of the same pic Scott posted.

there are some interesting variations but the camera model and make sections are identical. It was a pdf but have to export as jpgs for it to load here .
Sorry for small print. Download and enlarge to view.

Page 1

LR5 - 6 exif compare.jpg

page 2
LR5 - 6 exif compare2.jpg

Last edited:

Danno

Mine shows all of that EXIF info including the camera make and model. I just uploaded one on the Sunrise thread. When I first got Lightroom 5 I put the camera Serial Number in to the program, (Unfortunately I cannot remember how), and it seems to have carried over to 2015. I compared it to a post on 4/9, which was processed with Lr 5 and it is the same.

Last edited:

wornish

Mine shows all of that EXIF info including the camera make and model. I just uploaded one on the Sunrise thread. When I first got Lightroom 5 I put the camera Serial Number in to the program, (Unfortunately I cannot remember how), and it seems to have carried over to 2015.

You are right it works for yours.

Did you do all of this in LR6 or did you use any other software ? and did you save as DNG before exporting as jpg ?

Danno

The photo was taken this morning and I processed it LR 6. I than exported the reduced size jpeg file to my export folder and uploaded it here. That is the same process I always use. I also specify all metadata in my export.

wornish

The photo was taken this morning and I processed it LR 6. I than exported the reduced size jpeg file to my export folder and uploaded it here. That is the same process I always use. I also specify all metadata in my export.

Thanks , Did you shot in RAW or was it JPG

Danno

You are right it works for yours.

Did you do all of this in LR6 or did you use any other software ? and did you save as DNG before exporting as jpg ?

Before my retirement I was a project manager on a software team. Part of my process was extensive testing of the program before release to our sales force. When I could not get it to work the developer would say, "I do not understand; it works on my machine".... I always wanted to say that... :)

The other thing I always wanted to hear, and never did until today... "You are right it works our yours"... Thank you Wornish... two birds with one stone. :D

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Ok from what I can tell the software here is reading the Make section and not the Model section.
@jdeg any ideas?

View attachment 153361

I'd have to look at the raw exif data on each file, but I bet CC is inserting a line return or some other character after NIKON and before CORPORATION. The software here is confusing the model field, probably because of the way it reads the delimiters.