Lightroom CC 2015 Exif data not showing correctly

Blacktop

And here is a print screen image taken from LR. When in the Library, there are pop up tabs near the top. When you click on Metadata, do you see the 'Camera' option? Just trying to see if your settings are the same as my version of LR 5.

View attachment 152722

Yes!

LR.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I'm guessing if you didn't use LR a all, the exif would say 'corporation'? I'm wondering if someone who doesn't pp through LR would post a new image just take to see what it shows? Here's hoping!

Blacktop

I'm guessing if you didn't use LR a all, the exif would say 'corporation'? I'm wondering if someone who doesn't pp through LR would post a new image just take to see what it shows? Here's hoping!

It's only when using LR. I have a few other editors like Rawtherapee and Darktable, and they all show correct when uploading here.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Thanks Blacktop! Clears up my lack of Vitamin C (caffeine) pyschosis this morning. It's a lightroom glitch then. Sucks that you have to use Lightroom to pp just to get the exif to show up....oh well. Thanks for answering my question!

Bourbon Neat

Maybe it isn't solely Lightroom at fault, maybe a handshake thing. Reading the metadata from the same image exported by two different software programs (LRCC and Capture nx-d) shows the same information. When loading to this site, they show a different camera name.

Woodyg3

Contributor
FWIW, the first pic I uploaded from LR CC today also had "CORPORATION" for the camera model in the metadata.

Blacktop

Maybe it isn't solely Lightroom at fault, maybe a handshake thing. Reading the metadata from the same image exported by two different software programs (LRCC and Capture nx-d) shows the same information. When loading to this site, they show a different camera name.

This is what I'm saying.

RockyNH_RIP

Here are 2 example photos, 2 treatments each. Looking to see if any Exif data differences between camera and method..

D7100, from lightroom, no edits other than resize to 1000 on export

D71_3901.jpg

D5100, from lightroom, no edits other than resize to 1000 on export

DSC_0042.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
These next 2, never entered LR, were sized and saved as jpg in Microsoft Gallery

D7100... NO LR

D71_3901 (1000x667).jpg

D5100, No LR

DSC_0042 (1000x662).jpg

Both LR photo's show CORPORATION for Model (From Nikon Corp.. under Make in Full EXIF)

Both NON LR pics show correct make and model...

Examining EXIF in images on desktop with Windows, all show Nikon Corporaration and next line shows Nikon D?100

Pat in GA

Last edited:

wornish

Its certainly looks and feels like a LR bug.

Not sure if its been reported to Adobe though as everyone is cautious. I can't find any other references on the Lightroom Forum at Adobe.

Last edited:

RockyNH_RIP

Its certainly looks and feels like a LR bug.

Not sure if its been reported to Adobe though as everyone is cautious. I can't find any other references on the Lightroom Forum at Adobe.

I did not find anything else out yet either Dave in searches...

Here are 2 more photos...

`1st is from lightroom 5.7... 2nd is from the CC.....

D71_3340.jpg

D71_3340-2.jpg

Same issue ... I guess my model will just be CORPORATION for a while!! :)

Pat in GA

Krs_2007

I get the same thing, doesn't matter what I do. The EXIF is correct for the model on my pc, using exif programs and Apple Get Info. But when I upload on here the model is missing. Need to find another place to upload and see if its there.

Anyway, the info is there just not being displayed to me on this site.

wornish

I get the same thing, doesn't matter what I do. The EXIF is correct for the model on my pc, using exif programs and Apple Get Info. But when I upload on here the model is missing. Need to find another place to upload and see if its there.

Anyway, the info is there just not being displayed to me on this site.

I just tried an upload to of a LR 6 processed shot to Flickr and the camera shows correctly in the EXIF, but on here it shows as CORPORATION

So it seems that the issue might be with the software that is used here on Nikonites, which is very strange.

Last edited:

J-see

If I save a shot to my desktop, what displays as CORPORATION here shows the normal model there. The "corporation" is the cam manufacturer tag instead of the cam model tag.

Oh, what Scott said. ;)

Last edited:

wornish

If I save a shot to my desktop, what displays as CORPORATION here shows the normal model there. The "corporation" is the cam manufacturer tag instead of the cam model tag.

Oh, what Scott said. ;)

If you post a shot here then it shows the model correctly if processed by LR5 and shows incorrectly if processed by LR6

But if you try another site like Flickr it shows correctly for both LR5 and LR6