Landscape Panoramas

ShallowShannon

Re: Landscape panographs

Took this a few days ago. I've just started playing with pano's

1-25-13SFpano_zpsb093bc12.jpg

BackdoorArts

Finally bit the bullet and decided to give this a shot. Here's the St. Johns River from my morning hangout of the last 3 days. Absolutely gorgeous morning. Going to miss it when I head back to the cold tomorrow.

8464451475_c7838470d1_o.jpg

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

Finally bit the bullet and decided to give this a shot. Here's the St. Johns River from my morning hangout of the last 3 days. Absolutely gorgeous morning. Going to miss it when I head back to the cold tomorrow.

Wow, it looks like perfect waterski conditions. Slalom in butter like water. Man do I wish I was still young.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Where on the St. John's River? We own land on Drayton Island in the middle of the St. John's River. The water is full of gators!!

BackdoorArts

Where on the St. John's River? We own land on Drayton Island in the middle of the St. John's River. The water is full of gators!!

Just north of Hontoon Island State park outside Deland. Plenty of gators around, though I've only seen one or two near my in-law's place. We were at Blue Springs today and saw two of the biggest gators I've ever seen out there.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

Just north of Hontoon Island State park outside Deland. Plenty of gators around, though I've only seen one or two near my in-law's place. We were at Blue Springs today and saw two of the biggest gators I've ever seen out there.

Whoops, GATORS… I retract my waterskiing request. You know that waterski was first invented by rednecks that used their younger nephews to troll for gators. ;)

Scott Murray

One thing I have learnt about pano's is that a pano and a CIP filter do not go together. It makes it harder to blend apparently...

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod

Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge

Fishing Dock
panorama_1_416.jpg

Entrance to the canoe trail
panorama_2_417.jpg

Boats to the left, canoes to the right
panorama_3_418.jpg

TedG954

Broward County Garbage Mountain. Is Florida the only state with these unnatural wonders? If it snowed here, this would be an ideal ski resort.

I used 3 different lenses to see if there was much difference in an extreme panorama. The total angle isn't far from 180 degrees.

The top one is a 24-85 VR at 24mm. 3 panels.

The middle is a 24mm Prime. 3 panels. With polarizing filter.

The bottom is an 18-35 at 18mm. 2 panels.

The Florida Turnpike is in the foreground.

View attachment 27128