JANUARY Monthly Assignment -- Low Light/Nighttime

Scott Murray

20160109-20160109-SHM_4336-Edit.jpg

MartinCornwall

Entry No. 1 Iridium82

110Iridium82(-1.3,38'152')Stax25012016.jpg

This is a 5shot long exposure stacked in StarStax which strips the exif so the single shot below will hopefully show the exif (ps can't turn bold off?)

111Iridium82(-1.3,38'152')1-2.jpg

wornish

Entry #3
Different take on #2

Seen lots of amazing shots of older people so thought why not take an honest shot of yourself.

me.jpg

That anti wrinkle cream is a waste of money!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I'm completely not getting why the EXIF isn't showing....ugh....
If you upload it from Flickr, the exif data is stripped (to my understanding). If you upload it direct from your computer it should show, unless your processing software strips it. I don't think that it is being stripped by your processing software, because it does show up on Flickr. You met the need for Exif by typing it into your post (date shot is missing, but I see it was taken on Jan. 23rd in Flickr). Thanks

TL Robinson

If you upload it from Flickr, the exif data is stripped (to my understanding). If you upload it direct from your computer it should show, unless your processing software strips it. I don't think that it is being stripped by your processing software, because it does show up on Flickr. You met the need for Exif by typing it into your post (date shot is missing, but I see it was taken on Jan. 23rd in Flickr). Thanks

Thanks Walt - these are linked from flickr - the previous one I fixed by changing it from a scaled down image to the full image and that seemed to work fine, exif displays no issue. And the EXIF shows on Flickr thus my confusion. No consistency. :p I'll add the date to the post as well.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Thanks Walt - these are linked from flickr - the previous one I fixed by changing it from a scaled down image to the full image and that seemed to work fine, exif displays no issue. And the EXIF shows on Flickr thus my confusion. No consistency. :p I'll add the date to the post as well.
Linking from Flickr is what does it. The exif data gets stripped by this site when linked to Flickr. I don't know about the scaled down vs full image. Just one of those little wrinkles in the system. Ha! I don't have a Flickr account and have never used it, so... Ha! I always just upload from the computer to here.

nikonpup

linking from flickr is what does it. The exif data gets stripped by this site when linked to flickr. I don't know about the scaled down vs full image. Just one of those little wrinkles in the system. Ha! I don't have a flickr account and have never used it, so... Ha! I always just upload from the computer to here.
does rule #3 apply to uploads from flickr?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
does rule #3 apply to uploads from flickr?
That's exactly the point of rule #3, avoid uploads from other sites. The reason behind this is that when the times for judging comes, we don't want to have to go around to other sites to see the pics of re-upload them to showcase the winners. You can always download your own picture from flickr and then repost it here.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Linking from Flickr is what does it. The exif data gets stripped by this site when linked to Flickr. I don't know about the scaled down vs full image. Just one of those little wrinkles in the system. Ha! I don't have a Flickr account and have never used it, so... Ha! I always just upload from the computer to here.

For clarification, when linked from Flickr, use the original size. Then the EXIF should display.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
For clarification, when linked from Flickr, use the original size. Then the EXIF should display.
Thanks Cindy for clarifying the Exif data thing. That will be good info for other threads, but I have been reminded that for the monthly challenge, "linking" from other sites is not allowed.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Thanks Cindy for clarifying the Exif data thing. That will be good info for other threads, but I have been reminded that for the monthly challenge, "linking" from other sites is not allowed.

I understand. Just wanted to let you know. :)

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Entry #1

Sunset -- Two shot, handheld pano, stitched with Microsoft ICE
D5300 18-55mm at 55mm, f5.6 1/60 and the date shows up. Ha!
1-29-2016-pano-cr_DSC_3139_stitch.jpg

Last edited: