JANUARY Monthly Assignment -- Low Light/Nighttime

dh photography

#2 Eve of Old

Photo Jan 16, 8 54 58 PM.jpg

Carroll

ENTRY #1

Our home was built circa 1912. This is an original "wavy glass" window.

This image was taken about sunrise, in not much light, trying to capture the frozen moisture on the outside of the window glass. The temperature that morning was 3 degrees Fahrenheit . Pretty cold for West-Central Missouri.

View attachment 195310

Daz

I've always wanted to try this.

Did you have a friend controlling the shutter release?

Is it possible to do this solo? Also, did you have to wear a mask?

There were a few photographers there and 2 of us doing the action

The camera is on a Shutter release and as its dark, it can stay open as long as you want

No mask for the wire wool, BUT I would advise taking all safety measures you see fit, all is needed is Wire Wool, a Whisk (to put the wire wool inside and spin) a cable of some sorts to attatch whisk with wire wool in to and some WD40 to give it a little bit of combustion/go (The WD40 isnt always needed it just helps)

For the light I had a mate hiding behind a pillar and then came out spinning it after I finished with the wool

Can it be done solo, sure, in a dark place like the underpass we did it, just takes a bit longer, obviously wear as dark clothes as you can so you dont come out on the exposure :)

Marko

Entry #1, Bow and arrow figure on top of Newcastle Castle Keep guarding the river Tyne bridges in the northeast of England. First outing with my new manfrotto tripod. Two image HDR, First exposed for arrow figure, second exposed for the bridges.

DSC_4732-HDR.jpg

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@Marko, Nice HDR shot, however the HDR process must have stripped the Exif data. Please add the info as requested in Rule #2 in the first post of this thread. Thanks.