Ironwoods Backyard Critters

Ironwood

Bathippus montrouzieri

DSC_5456.jpg

PapaST

This is a GREAT thread... thanks for sharing. Sorry if you covered this but what is your light source setup? Incredible photos Ironwood.

Ironwood

This is a GREAT thread... thanks for sharing. Sorry if you covered this but what is your light source setup? Incredible photos Ironwood.

Thanks Papa.

For lighting on the macro shots, I have been using the cameras onboard flash with the "Scott Murray" foam diffuser on the end of the lens. Simple but effective.
Scott has put some photos and description in his thread here, so I won't go into it in detail, better to get it straight from the source.
http://nikonites.com/macro/20481-everything-you-needed-know-about-macro.html#axzz2yS4WK6BO
My version is a little different looking to Scotts, but same principal, I will take a photo of mine later and post it here.

I just noticed Scott has another thread as well - http://nikonites.com/macro/21901-my-macro.html#axzz2yS4WK6BO

Last edited:

Krs_2007

@Ironwood, never seen conjoined moths before.. I guess love is in there air everywhere. I hope to find some critters this weekend to shoot, really like your shots but haven't been able to lately.

Ironwood

@Ironwood, never seen conjoined moths before.. I guess love is in there air everywhere. I hope to find some critters this weekend to shoot, really like your shots but haven't been able to lately.
Hi Kevin, I cant recall seeing Moths like that before either.
I hope you find some quality time on the weekend to do some shooting.

Ironwood

Realy enjoying the thread Brad, great shots. Keep em coming.
Thanks Lee, I'm glad you are liking my shots of my little world.

Great shots, my critters have been a bit scarce of late. I missed a couple of finches yesterday.

It's funny isn't it, I can get home and do a few chores noticing the wildlife all around the place, then after I have finished, I can get the camera out and walk around for a half hour and only get a couple of shots :rolleyes:.

Rained all afternoon here, so I didn't even take the camera out of the bag. Its not looking too good for the next couple of days either, they have that cyclone tracking down parallel with the coast, so we are in for some bad weather tomorrow and Monday. :(