Ironwoods Backyard Critters

Scott Murray

Thanks Scott.

Whats your thoughts on your new 60mm so far ?
Harder to use as it does not step up to f/2.8 when at f/16 so you need fill light. But so far it does look promising, just need to get closer than the 90mm but used to that. Will be giving a decent review of it once I am able to use it properly. Lets say 6 weeks time.

Ironwood

Harder to use as it does not step up to f/2.8 when at f/16 so you need fill light. But so far it does look promising, just need to get closer than the 90mm but used to that. Will be giving a decent review of it once I am able to use it properly. Lets say 6 weeks time.

Ahh, so would be a bit dark looking through the viewfinder looking for the bugs then.
Looking forward to your review.

Ironwood

Been a while since I used this thread, I think I will resurrect it and put some of my latest backyard critters in here.

I spotted this male Satin Flycatcher while I walked along the creek this afternoon.
He was in the shade, hence the slow shutter speed and iso3200.

DSC_2956.jpg

DSC_2958.jpg

DSC_2959.jpg

DSC_2961.jpg

DSC_2962.jpg

Ironwood

I walked up the hill behind the house today to try and get a shot of a Whistling Kite that was circling above the trees.
When I got up there the Kite was nowhere to be seen, but I spotted this White Breasted Sea Eagle sitting in a tree. I got a few shots of him before he flew away, I didn't get a clear shot of him in flight because of all the trees.
Its the first time I have seen one of these birds here on my property.
DSC_3777.jpg

DSC_3778.jpg

Ironwood

The closest bird I have seen to this in the head appearance, is a buzzard (Larger, but just as errr ugly. Ha!) Some great pictures of an "ugly" bird. Ha!

I agree Walt, not the most handsome bird on the block.
The old saying "A face only a Mother could love" comes to mind :)