how i destroyed a Nikon D7000 in a sulfur hotspring

netzkarl

thank you for the hint with the tripod and the gear - and thank you all for the sympathy -
here is a photo form the camera after the accident - a friend who was with me took it... nikond7000_s.jpg

fotojack

Bald?? Where? I have a full head of hair, thanks. I just keep it very, very closely cropped to my head. That is my story! :p

lol.....ok, I'll go along with that. :) Welcome to Nikonites. What are you shooting with? I don't see it in your profile. (all that stuff on the left of your post)

NikonD80user

Thank god for my personal articles policy thats an addenum to my renters insurance (yes, renters insurance!). I pay a whopping $1.60 per $100 to cover instances like this and I have seen it used personally. I lost my Nikon D80 with a kit lens at the airport from my country back home, but good thing it was just that, and had it insured for the face value of $950 with the 18-55mm lens, for under $16 annually. With no deductible, no police report and just a statement over the phone that my camera was stolen, I received a decent check for the full value of $950, because at the time, the D90 was the only comparable camera at $1199. So having that said, this 25 secs of misfortune, would have been no problem with me..

Last edited:

netzkarl

i have never heard about that insurance - but i'm from europe - and that an insurance would pay you the full amount without any police report! especially when you are paying 16$ per year - how could this become a business for insurance ever???

Curt

That's too bad you lost your D7000' Surely you have coverage, no one travels with camera gear and does not have it, do they?
I have a D7000 myself,love it and have no problems with it at all.
I just came back from Sweden and my D7000 served me very well, brought my Canon G10 as a back up.