How about posting your HDR images?

vindex1963

D700
Hand held in low light
Tamron 24-70 VC on
5 shot processed natural in Photomatix pro
re-processed with Topaz Labs B&W

The hired photographer was setting them up for a shot so I saw an opportunity. Her
chin is slightly blurred but I still think the shot works. That's my Nephew.

9541120629_1d720dd0a3_b.jpg

dddwyer1981

All the 3 shot HDRs I shoot are hand held. Not sure about the D5000 but the D5100 will shoot them very fast and PhotoShop will line them up for you even if they are off some.

What software are you using dddwyer1981?

I'm using LR5 and Photomatix Pro. Not so concerned about the software, just holding the camera steady. I actually tried one out earlier today. I'm working on processing it now. We'll see how it turns out. I'll post the results here.

RockyNH_RIP

What a dreary, grey, rainy day... went to Horseshoe Pond at break... nothing! Tried a 5 shot HDR (+/- 2.0)

The natural ones were really dull... I normally try to stay natural but today, I "Cooked" this one to get life into it...

Promise it won't happen often!! :)

DSC_3807_08_09_10_11_fused.jpg

Pat in NH

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
What a dreary, grey, rainy day... went to Horseshoe Pond at break... nothing! Tried a 5 shot HDR (+/- 2.0)

The natural ones were really dull... I normally try to stay natural but today, I "Cooked" this one to get life into it...

Promise it won't happen often!! :)

View attachment 51757

Pat in NH

Oh Pat, sorry to say this, but I think you've overcooked it. The reds are screaming. When it's a grey day, sometimes just tone mapping from a one exposure can make results better than a 3 exposure shot. Remember that 3 shots HDR should be used when there is too much contrast, not less contrast.

It seems that everywhere I have gone to shoot recently have been begging for HDR. I guess it is that bright Alabama Summer Sun. Here is one from today that I thought came out pretty good.

dsc_7505_hdr.jpg

RockyNH_RIP

Oh Pat, sorry to say this, but I think you've overcooked it. The reds are screaming. When it's a grey day, sometimes just tone mapping from a one exposure can make results better than a 3 exposure shot. Remember that 3 shots HDR should be used when there is too much contrast, not less contrast.

No apologies required Marcel... My Cooked in " " was in essence saying OVER Cooked... I only had 15 minutes at break... did not like anything I saw, weather, grey, rainy haze... shot a bracket set and it was not any better... so I tried to make something out of nothing... Mistake!

Looking at what you mentioned... I tried one, not perfect but a single frame process in Nik ... much better than the original....

DSC_3807_HDR.jpg

Not perfect (1st try) but much better than my original frame... and surely better than the "cooked" one! :) Thanks for the tips and also the suggestions!
It is appreciated...

Pat in NH

JudeIscariot

Since I don't usually do HDR (as I have posted before), I figured I'd try it now and again...

smallEnchanted2.jpg

I find that this one looks too fake... Too over-processed:
smallUntitled_HDR1.jpg

Lee

No apologies required Marcel... My Cooked in " " was in essence saying OVER Cooked... I only had 15 minutes at break... did not like anything I saw, weather, grey, rainy haze... shot a bracket set and it was not any better... so I tried to make something out of nothing... Mistake!

Looking at what you mentioned... I tried one, not perfect but a single frame process in Nik ... much better than the original....

View attachment 51773

Not perfect (1st try) but much better than my original frame... and surely better than the "cooked" one! :) Thanks for the tips and also the suggestions!
It is appreciated...

Pat in NH

I like this one a lot better - but I didn't dislike the first one

I find Photomatix seems to really pump up those colors without any tweaking and have started to drop the saturation ever so slightly before exporting to Lightroom to have another look and rather tweak it in there. I still don't feel like I have mastered the program properly but then I guess the learning is part of the fun. I'm like a toddler - learn through play lol

Lee

Glasgow13-2-3.jpgGlasgow13-3-3.jpg

As you can see, still finding my way around Photomatix. The colors were so gorgeous and vibrant but on the screen they still look a bit over cooked, even toned down. I will get there eventually :)

brads

Well, I'm ready for a thumping. This is my first attempt at HDR. (Using Photoshop) Used 7 images and probably overcooked it like crazy in an attempt to get an 'effect'. The sky was incredibly bright and glarey, albeit cloudy and I'm not sure what I could have done about that, apart from using a filter? Cheers, Brad :)

TheLakeNIKON.jpg