Help with Forum Signature!

RockyNH_RIP

Hi all, sorry that I have been gone so long but I need to edit my Forum Signature line... I have looked and looked and cannot find where to do it... Assistance Please!

Pat

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Hi all, sorry that I have been gone so long but I need to edit my Forum Signature line... I have looked and looked and cannot find where to do it... Assistance Please!

Pat
Try clicking on your name (RockyNH), then your name again on the pop-up. In your profile, click on About. That's where the signature line is. I don't know what to do from there though.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Try clicking on your name (RockyNH), then your name again on the pop-up. In your profile, click on About. That's where the signature line is. I don't know what to do from there though.
Marilyn is right. Once you click on your name, select Signature on the left side as shown below. You can then edit and save your signature.

Screen Shot 2022-12-04 at 11.46.41 AM.png

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Pat, hi and welcome back. If you still run into any problems, let either Eduard, Marilynne, or me know. We have the ability to change your signature if you wish. Looking behind the scenes, your account is set for you to change your signature. It looks like the new forum defaults include:

Maximum lines 5
Maximum links 2

BF Hammer

It looks like for us ordinary members that the edit signature option is not turned on. My sig was imported as is from the old forum with no alteration from me.

@Eduard that screen you captured is not available to me at all. It's not a crisis or anything for me. I understand there is still some tweaks still in progress here. But at some time in the future as I change gear I will want to edit that. I expect changing that "XenForo" logo at the top banner of the forum to something that says "Nikonites" should be a larger priority. ;)

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
It looks like for us ordinary members that the edit signature option is not turned on. My sig was imported as is from the old forum with no alteration from me.

@Eduard that screen you captured is not available to me at all. It's not a crisis or anything for me. I understand there is still some tweaks still in progress here. But at some time in the future as I change gear I will want to edit that. I expect changing that "XenForo" logo at the top banner of the forum to something that says "Nikonites" should be a larger priority. ;)
I'm looking at this right now. Some features are turned on for forum members, but possibly other features have to be added for it to work.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I sent jdeg a message and asked him to look into it. It looks like it should work with the settings for Senior Members as well as for the Challenge Team, but from the sounds of it, it doesn't. He can go in and make changes rather than me. Regular Registered Users might need to accrue a certain number of posts before a signature is allowable.

BF Hammer

For reference to what you forum admins see in your own account settings, here are screencaps of what I see. There is even a spot where I can see the signature but cannot click on anything to allow me to edit it.

screencap 12-4-22A.jpg
screencap 12-4-22B.jpg

Woodyg3

Contributor
Admins who are trying to help: the rest of us do not see signature as an option under "your account." Fred, clicking on profile, name, about brings up the signature, but no option to edit. For reference, I am a contributing member, but not an admin.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Admins who are trying to help: the rest of us do not see signature as an option under "your account." Fred, clicking on profile, name, about brings up the signature, but no option to edit. For reference, I am a contributing member, but not an admin.
Yes, I confirmed this when I accessed my test account, Woody. I sent jdeg a message asking him to look into it rather than for me to make changes to the options he chose. Behind the scenes, it *looks* like senior members can edit their signatures, but it isn't working for some reason. It will get sorted out though. :)

Fred Kingston

Yeah, I clicked around and found where it is, but didn't try to edit it... My bad!!