Help to convince me to fall in love with the D700 again

gqtuazon

Gear Head
So what camera are you leaning towards now?

None at the moment. I still would like to have my D800E fixed first before I start the next step. If my D800E can be repaired, then that will open up my options and go for the Df once the MSRP starts going down by $300.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Glenn, I found another opinion about the choice you'll have to make after you find out what will happen with your D800E.

It gives another point of view that I find valuable.

The Nikon D800 vs the D600: Which One is the Right One For You? | Scott Kelby's Photoshop Insider​Ain't it fun to be on the fence... :(

Scott Kelby's recommendation was spot on for what I do with my images. The D800E was more than the camera that I will ever need (as long as I don't break it). Even if I get a D600 with oil sensor issue, I can confidently wet clean my camera's sensor, so no issues there. Either way, I think I will be happy with either camera but I am more comfortable with a 24 mp sensor.

At this point, getting a D700 is out of the equation since I do not want to use different batteries for now. Just one battery to operate my D7000 and Dxxx. I have come to the point where I no longer need to have the latest and greatest camera body, although a two FX camera operation will provide twice the pleasure since I do not like changing lenses.

Two options that I am currently considering. Refurbished D600 or new D610?

Whiskeyman

Glenn,

Wow, I was going to tell you to just pick up a D700 and use it and you'd be convinced, but it looks like batteries are getting in the way. True love is never as easy as it should be.

I'm still hoping to hear good news about your D800E, though.

WM