Help: Confused...to keep or sell my D7000?

Bukitimah

For me, my camera is almost only on M mode. That is why I bought the DSLR! I have not use Sony so cannot comment on Sony but I believe it is all about the price you pay. The more, you pay, the higher end models. Nikon is definitely more popular thus you can find pre-owned lenses more easily or when you need to sell.

Ultimately, it is all about the person behind the camera.

dragion

For me, my camera is almost only on M mode. That is why I bought the DSLR! I have not use Sony so cannot comment on Sony but I believe it is all about the price you pay. The more, you pay, the higher end models. Nikon is definitely more popular thus you can find pre-owned lenses more easily or when you need to sell.

Ultimately, it is all about the person behind the camera.

Thank you for sharing your feedback...greatly appreciated. :)

Michael J.

I would like to thank all that have responded with their feedback regarding this thread...both positive & negative.

I think every feedback is positive. Maybe not what you expect but positive.

I was looking for help with my decision hoping for a logical answer and some constructive criticism from my fellow Nikon members.

How far are you with your decision now?

I guess forums aren't the place for answers anymore...

Just sometimes I think the same but really I was thinking wrong

the decision to keep the Nikon is mine and mine alone.

Nobody will take away your decision I guess.

Let's put this thread to rest.

Honestly, I am curious about your decision. So the time is not ready for me, but it is not my decision to put the thread to rest or let it alive.

Thank you.

You're very welcome.

dragion

I would say none were really negative, but "some" were not positive in intent.
If this thread doesn't agree with you, then don't read it or reply...bashing it isn't any help.

I simply find it "RUDE" :eek:ffended:

As far as my decision goes...

Created a listing on Craigslist
Nikon D7000 Body & Battery Grip w/*2 Extra Batteries

Testing the waters to see...if it sells, then it was meant to be.

Last edited:

hrstrat57

Saw that C/L ad as I was nosing around looking for Nikon kit and selling off my Sony/Maxxum gear on C/L as well.

Nice listing / fair price... good luck with it! If I was looking for DX kit I would be all over it!

cbg

Took a look at your C/L add, and the one thing that I always look for in a camera body add is the shutter count. Being only 6 months old is good, but any serious buyer will want to know want the shutter count is before buying it. I would suggest that you add that to your C/L add.

AC016

To fotojack: you gotta be kidding when you say the guy has to leave, right? To friendly point something out to you, your prized D300 has a SONY sensor inside of it. If it were not for that sensor, your camera would be nothing but a glorified paper weight. With that being said, do all D300 owners now have to leave this Nikon forum? Come on Jack, you were only kidding. After all, there is a non-Nikon section in the forum.

Eyelight

I think @fotojack was kidding. To quote from the home page: "Nikonites is a community for users ('ites) and fans of Nikon cameras."

Of course, now that I think about it, how would we know one was a fan?? What does a Nikon fan look like?

Bill16

I'm sorry you feel this way. I just read through the thread,and I saw some joking and such. At least it seemed like joking to me. But I didn't see any bashing, as you called it.
But anyway, like I said, I'm sorry it felt like that to you. I wish you all the best in your photo adventures! :D

I would say none were really negative, but "some" were not positive in intent.
If this thread doesn't agree with you, then don't read it or reply...bashing it isn't any help.

I simply find it "RUDE" :eek:ffended:

As far as my decision goes...

Created a listing on Craigslist
Nikon D7000 Body & Battery Grip w/*2 Extra Batteries

Testing the waters to see...if it sells, then it was meant to be.

dragion

I think @fotojack was kidding. To quote from the home page: "Nikonites is a community for users ('ites) and fans of Nikon cameras."

Of course, now that I think about it, how would we know one was a fan?? What does a Nikon fan look like?

I understand that at first, it was just friendly banter, but after his reply with "Yes." it became serious.
I responded to his replies with silly emojis to show it was all fun...until then.

Kidding or not...
This thread to me is important and not a joking matter.

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice and understanding. :)

dragion

To fotojack: you gotta be kidding when you say the guy has to leave, right? To friendly point something out to you, your prized D300 has a SONY sensor inside of it. If it were not for that sensor, your camera would be nothing but a glorified paper weight. With that being said, do all D300 owners now have to leave this Nikon forum? Come on Jack, you were only kidding. After all, there is a non-Nikon section in the forum.

All of these "NIKON" models are included...this list is only up to 2012

Attachments

• nikonsonysensors.jpg
    nikonsonysensors.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 64

hrstrat57

Why I am switching to Nikon but keeping my 2 A700's....sweet images. Thanks Sony!
As an aside didn't know the D700 sensor was Sony. If they put the 12MP full frame sensor in one of their A mount cameras they likely would have kept me as a customer.

Bill16

Lol parts in products have often been made by rival/simi-rival companies. Lol I'd hate to go around dissecting everything I'm interested in buying, to judge what brand to buy. Lol I'm more of brand rep and the product as a whole type guy. If the brand rep is good enough and the product as a whole is what I'm looking for, then to me that works. :)

Besides, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of competitive companies are own by the same owners somewhere down the line. Or if they traded versions of their specialities to competitive companies for a version of their specialities. Lol :D

Farming out for parts has been done for a very long time. Good brand rep depends on the brand farming out for better quality parts instead of cheapest bids. Those that lower their standards to far, drop in rep,losing long standing buyers to end up with those buyers that only buy what's cheapest. A down hill slope to bankruptcy unless they widen their line of products dramatically to make up for the drop in profits.

Anyway this is my opinion/ramblings on the subject! Lol :p

Blacktop

Kidding or not...
This thread to me is important and not a joking matter.

Joking matter or not, you have already answered your original question in the first post.
You said that you always reach for the Sony.
You are also worried about the resale value of your 7000 dropping, which tells me that you already made up your mind that at some point you want to sell the 7000.
I don't see what all the drama is about.

I wouldn't want you to leave Nikonites just because you no longer have a Nikon camera, and you shouldn't have to.
Sell the 7000 enjoy your Sony and stick around to share your wonderful images.

Last edited:

hrstrat57

Remember I am blowing out most of my A mount and E mount kit, very interested in a possible trade for your Nikkor 70-300 FX zoom only....all my gear is pristine meticulously babied. Some is listed on C/L Providence some is on eBay.

( just sayin' )

:)

Bukitimah

Nobody will ever be able to verify if one is a Nikon user or even own a camera. So, definitely it is just a joke. Whether it is a Sony or Nikon, no manufacturer is going to put in stuff that cost more than their profit. With both companies in the market for so long, how could it b possible they still cannot achieve the standard if there are willing buyers?

A new new entry company may find it more challenging to match the known brands, such a Pentax, Minolta, Canon, etc. it is all about marketing and pricing. Choose one that suit you most and work on it. Changing camera will not improve your skill. That is my opinion.

dragion

Remember I am blowing out most of my A mount and E mount kit, very interested in a possible trade for your Nikkor 70-300 FX zoom only....all my gear is pristine meticulously babied. Some is listed on C/L Providence some is on eBay.

( just sayin' )

:)

I'm not really in the market to be purchasing any more gear, but if you like you can PM me your craigslist and/or eBay listings.
As far as my equipment goes, I'm the same way...everything is meticulously kept. :cool:

dragion

Nobody will ever be able to verify if one is a Nikon user or even own a camera. So, definitely it is just a joke. Whether it is a Sony or Nikon, no manufacturer is going to put in stuff that cost more than their profit. With both companies in the market for so long, how could it b possible they still cannot achieve the standard if there are willing buyers?

A new new entry company may find it more challenging to match the known brands, such a Pentax, Minolta, Canon, etc. it is all about marketing and pricing. Choose one that suit you most and work on it. Changing camera will not improve your skill. That is my opinion.

I'm not considering on "changing" brands to make myself a "better" photographer...this is not the reason for this thread.
Brand has nothing to do with it.

I don't see how this got into a "brand" tug-a-war?
I'm not choosing one or the other and I'm not instigating that one is "better" either.

I have 2 complete sets of gear...one is Nikon & second is Sony.
Since my "newer" and more current set is the Sony's, I was wondering if it was wise to still keep the Nikon set.
The Sony pretty much "doubles" what I have in Nikon gear.

There are advantages & disadvantages to both.