Good deal on Refurbished D7100 from Adorama

john*thomas

The dual memory card slots are cool if you want to shoot RAW and jpg. One on one, and the other on the other or..........

I just stuck a spare in the slot......I had the main one out taking some pics to get printed.....didn't put it back.....
Went an hour and half away to a park to take pics.....noticed I had forgot the card. No problem, the spare was ready.

Bill16

Well since I just traded the D7100 I had off, I think I will wait and see what the D400 is like! Maybe it might make a good combo with my D800E! Lol :)

For sure. If I were in that situation,I'd likely switch to RAW+JPG at least.

I was asked to shoot a buildings interior recently and it was just for documentation. It was a 40,000 square foot office building that had been abandoned for 15 years. They are going to reo the building and use it again but they needed photos of it before they started. JPEG was perfect for that purpose. I did not like the idea of shooting JPEG only so I shoot RAW + Jpeg and although it did feel awful strange I did end up using the JPEG shots.
Kids had gotten into the building at one point
10-05-15_0044.jpg

But most of it just looked like this
10-05-15_0029.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Along the line of my earlier post about the 3 Yr Green Leaf Spill/Damage warranty, I know some have mentioned other extended warranty agreements. Are there any that can or that you may have purchased separate from the camera purchase? Any other recommendations? Thanks

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Well Ladies and Gentlemen and those who don't qualify for either of these terms, I broke down and ordered the D7100 (maybe two due to a glitch, I'm waiting for an email for the cancel notice). I hope it arrives before I have to leave next week. Ha!

mikew_RIP

I have heard good things about the Square Trade warranties but have no direct experience with them. Can run pretty high up front for a expensive camera.

Bought these twice with ebay purchases,both times the goods where not as described so i returned them for refund,both times square trade refunded the warranty cost very quickly which i thought was a good sign.

carguy

Along the line of my earlier post about the 3 Yr Green Leaf Spill/Damage warranty, I know some have mentioned other extended warranty agreements. Are there any that can or that you may have purchased separate from the camera purchase? Any other recommendations? Thanks
Personally, I never buy them. I take advantage of all of the time and money companies spend researching the odds, etc. No extended warranties for me :)

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I have been notified that one of the two D7100's was cancelled and one has shipped. The expected arrival is Dec. 2, 2015. Just one week from today. Can I wish for early delivery? ;)

mikeee

I see Adorama knocked another $10 off the price since I got mine! I kept peeking to see if the price went back up.

I see Adorama knocked another $10 off the price since I got mine! I kept peeking to see if the price went back up.

I really don't think you will see prices rise on the D7100. With the D7200 out you will see prices drop to a certain point and stay there till they cease production and then when supplies are almost gone and sales have slowed down they will drop one last time to get rid of the stock.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
I really don't think you will see prices rise on the D7100. With the D7200 out you will see prices drop to a certain point and stay there till they cease production and then when supplies are almost gone and sales have slowed down they will drop one last time to get rid of the stock.

Lol! I'd LOVE to see that happen with the previous Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8 non-VR lens. ;)

Bigdw58

Received mine last week. Looks like brand new with all the accessories. Haven't had much time to use it yet bait have taken a few pics with it. Will post a few test shots soon. Very nice upgrade from my D90 though it is still a great camera. Now I just need to learn how to use the new one.