Get the NEW Perfect Effects 8 Premium Edition for FREE

BackdoorArts

That's Adobe more than onOne or any other software company. It's where the Nik tools would be if you only had one or two of them and not the collection. If you have the Nik Collection you'll find the Nik Selective Tool there (which pops up automatically when you open it, but if you change that preset then that's where you'd invoke it). With the complete onOne package it installed a folder on the bar to the right of the photo frame in Photoshop where the history stack, adjustment properties, and tool presets are. When I click on that it expands left and allows me to choose which onOne tool I want to use, but it's a double click rather than single and I'm still not used to that. Go to Windows->Extensions and there will be an onOne selection if it's there.

In Elements 11 it's in the File->Automation Tools menu as well.

Last edited:

Ironwood

Well the more I play with this, the more I am starting to like it.
I got an email from them with a link to a tutorial for Dynamic contrast, I went through the steps with one of my images that I wasn't too pleased with, I know it could do with some more work yet, but here it is compared to the original SOOC.

Original.
DSC_3265.jpg

Dynamic Contrast.
DSC_3265 (1).jpg

Ironwood

Had a play with another image.
This one is a macro shot of a jumping spider.
1st is SOOC, 2nd is a version I did previously using Apple Aperture + NIK tools, 3rd is Perfect Effects, Dynamic Contrast + NIK dfine.

SOOC
DSC_3669.jpg

Aperture + NIK
DSC_3669 (1).jpg

Dynamic Contrast + NIK Dfine
DSC_3669 (2).jpg