General help/Advise. Nikon D5100 - Lenses, equipment and other handy stuff.

Rick M

Since we are all comming clean,

My name's Rick and I own a Canon :) (I feel so much better now)

I haven't used in almost two years.

If I go out with my Canon, I put it in a paper bag so nobody can tell what it really is.

Phillydog1958

Since we are all comming clean,

My name's Rick and I own a Canon :) (I feel so much better now)

I haven't used in almost two years.

If I go out with my Canon, I put it in a paper bag so nobody can tell what it really is.

Ha! I must admit that I carry a little Canon Elph in my briefcase. It's for work. i dare not shoot anything not related to work with it.

Phillydog1958

That sure is a coincidence. I retired from the US Army in 1984 and bought my AE-1 in the PX in K-Town, Germany. Imagine that!

Wow! I bought mine at the PX in Ansbach. I was over there from '77-'79. I remember Kaiserslautern. :D I really wish I could go back to Germany with a DSLR. Germany is so Old World and scenic . . . Small world, Silvercreek.

Last edited:

silvercreek

Wow! I bought mine at the PX in Ansbach. I was over there from '77-'79. I remember Kaiserslautern. :D I really wish I could go back to Germany with a DSLR. Germany is so Old World and scenic . . . Small world, Silvercreek.

Believe it or not, this picture is what actually got me interested in photography. It was taken by a friend of my German wife’s family.That’s me and my wife, mother-in-law holding my daughter and sister-in-law at a carnival. Oh, I forgot the bear.

Germany1967.jpg

Last edited:

§am

I still have a Canon APS film camera body and USM lens lying around somehwere.
It was my first SLR and soon realised it was a very expensive hobby (film development). Moved onto point and shoots after and had a Nikon followed by a Canon, and now onto my D5100.

For me personally, I always prefer the Canon point and shoots over the Nikon ones, but when it comes to lenses I've always like Nikon's and their bodies too.

co2jae

:)With all due respect, I can appreciate your logic, but brand loyalty is not a bad thing, either. As long as the brand is a good brand. My father was a Chevy loyalist until the day he died. I'm not sure if Chevy makes the best cars, but that's what he always thought. He never had any problems with his Chevy cars. Think about this: You're loyal to Nikon cameras. A Canon camera loyalist could use the same "Tiny island" argument against you. Would he be right?

Loyalty is a human trait worthy of respect. There is also something to be said for experiencing different aspects and views. Personally, i'd like to see some canon lenses that work on my Nikon. After all, I put a Chevy motor in my jeep wrangler.....

Photowyzard

Excuse me ladies, it's time to separate the men from the boys here..... ahem....

The ONLY Canon I ever shot is pictured below and that is me with the helmet on:

RCD(1).jpg

And yes, that is a 30mm ... BAM BAM BAM ... 3 pps (projectiles per second or as fast as I can press the trigger release)

The rangefinder, ALWAYS in focus.

Terrific Optics, paints the target every time, never miss a shot.

Solid steel body.

Guaranteed to turn heads where ever I take it.

And, when I saw the light of day, I bought a Nikon.

Wow! That was cathartic! I feel much better now and I know my parents are still proud of me!

:excitement:

And, to answer Prasanth's question, which ever your wallet can afford! The 55-300 is DX. I would recommend the 70-300 as I feel DX is on the way out at some point.

My name is Photowyzard, and I AM Nikon!

OK, as you were, Ladies!

;)

Last edited:

Patrick M

I'm a one brand guy. Nikon make lenses only for Nikon...so they're perfect. Sure,other makers may produce great lenses too...but not for me.

Patrick
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AC016

Excuse me ladies, it's time to separate the men from the boys here..... ahem....

The ONLY Canon I ever shot is pictured below and that is me with the helmet on:

View attachment 16637

And yes, that is a 30mm ... BAM BAM BAM ... 3 pps (projectiles per second or as fast as I can press the trigger release)

The rangefinder, ALWAYS in focus.

Terrific Optics, paints the target every time, never miss a shot.

Solid steel body.

Guaranteed to turn heads where ever I take it.

And, when I saw the light of day, I bought a Nikon.

Wow! That was cathartic! I feel much better now and I know my parents are still proud of me!

:excitement:

And, to answer Prasanth's question, which ever your wallet can afford! The 55-300 is DX. I would recommend the 70-300 as I feel DX is on the way out at some point.

My name is Photowyzard, and I AM Nikon!

OK, as you were, Ladies!

;)

Would be nice to put a Canon down range and then shoot it with this canon and then see total destruction!!!