Focus stacking in Lightroom 5

Darn Thanks guys,
See Learned something again today.
I guess these programs are telling me to get a P.C.
cause a lot of the stuff I'm looking to I can't on my MacBook Pro.

I am sure you should be able to find programs for the mac that will do these things. They might not be free though. Also PhotoShop is available for mac or PC

As to 32bit or 64bit you will see it on the label when you are looking for them. It is getting harder and harder to even see a 32bit since the limitations of 32bit like the amount of memory it can handle.

WhiteLight

Darn Thanks guys,
See Learned something again today.
I guess these programs are telling me to get a P.C.
cause a lot of the stuff I'm looking to I can't on my MacBook Pro.

I do everything on my mac too..
even if you have a mac you can still run Windows & windows based programs on them.. you know that right?

Kodiak

I do everything on my mac too..
even if you have a mac you can still run Windows & windows based programs on them.. you know that right?

WhiteLight,

My sons do that because of some homework for school… but the complaining!!!

Personally, this is something that is taboo on my MacPro and MacBook Pro!

But you're right, it can be done! …on a Mac… =)

Have a good time!

WhiteLight

WhiteLight,

My sons do that because of some homework for school… but the complaining!!!

Personally, this is something that is taboo on my MacPro and MacBook Pro!

But you're right, it can be done! …on a Mac… =)

Have a good time!

I don't do it either... nor do i use the 2 other Win machines at home..
No choice at work, have to use Win..

But if this is news, the Macs support booting into Windows as well (search for Boot camp)
That allows a complete loading of the Win... and is the best way so that all the resources of the machine can be utilized.
if not you have a number of emulator programs, the best being Parallels 8.. others are Wine, VMware fusion etc

can't believe i didn't cozy up to the mac earlier...
but don't get me wrong, i dislike other products from apple (i mean other then MACs, including mac books Kodiak :) )
i think Apple has learned that they can add just one or 2 extras and sell it as a new model altogether.. and charge the world for it
hey! here's some soup - iphone, Hey! here's a spoon for the soup - iphone 2, Hey! here's some salt & pepp.. or wait no.. just salt - iphone 3, here's the pepper - iphone 4..
get my drift? sorry for the tangential response & the mini rant :p
AND for ruffling the feathers of any apple fan boys!

donaldjledet

No guys I did not know that.
So like that windows app that lets you stitch photos together i will be able to do on the macbook pro.
Along with CaptureNX2 also. Cause when I talked to Nikon help they told me Capture can not be done on a macbook or apple o.s.
​Thanks

I don't do it either... nor do i use the 2 other Win machines at home..
No choice at work, have to use Win..

But if this is news, the Macs support booting into Windows as well (search for Boot camp)
That allows a complete loading of the Win... and is the best way so that all the resources of the machine can be utilized.
if not you have a number of emulator programs, the best being Parallels 8.. others are Wine, VMware fusion etc

can't believe i didn't cozy up to the mac earlier...
but don't get me wrong, i dislike other products from apple (i mean other then MACs, including mac books Kodiak :) )
i think Apple has learned that they can add just one or 2 extras and sell it as a new model altogether.. and charge the world for it
hey! here's some soup - iphone, Hey! here's a spoon for the soup - iphone 2, Hey! here's some salt & pepp.. or wait no.. just salt - iphone 3, here's the pepper - iphone 4..
get my drift? sorry for the tangential response & the mini rant :p
AND for ruffling the feathers of any apple fan boys!

that is so funny. I hate and of the mac computers but love the iPhone. We had almost new Mac computers in class but after the first time I had to use them a started bringing my laptop to use instead. I think it all comes down to what you are used to and what works for what you are doing.

Kodiak

No guys I did not know that.
So like that windows app that lets you stitch photos together i will be able to do on the macbook pro.
Along with CaptureNX2 also. Cause when I talked to Nikon help they told me Capture can not be done on a macbook or apple o.s.
​Thanks

Wait! Wait! Wait! …go slow!

Yes, you create a section (not a partition, this is another strategy!) a "virtual disk"
where you may install what ever Window.

But why get into that when you can have everything native MAC?

My sons, because they use win machine at school, have to have it. But, like I said,
it is all not pink!

Stay on the mac side of life! …in the end, 'still your decision!

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
that is so funny. I hate and of the mac computers but love the iPhone. We had almost new Mac computers in class but after the first time I had to use them a started bringing my laptop to use instead. I think it all comes down to what you are used to and what works for what you are doing.

I, too, started on Macs, Don. Was a loyal user for many years until apple seemed to turn their back on computer users in favor of their gadgets. When they decided to spiff up their computers, I had already made the switch to PC's and am not sorry given the outrageous cost of the Macs. I do have a Mac mostly for app (iPad) development, but most of my daily work, including post processing is done on the PC. I, too, love my iPhone and iPad, but could certainly live without a Mac computer.

I, too, started on Macs, Don. Was a loyal user for many years until apple seemed to turn their back on computer users in favor of their gadgets. When they decided to spiff up their computers, I had already made the switch to PC's and am not sorry given the outrageous cost of the Macs. I do have a Mac mostly for app (iPad) development, but most of my daily work, including post processing is done on the PC. I, too, love my iPhone and iPad, but could certainly live without a Mac computer.

I am afraid the PC is going the way of the MAC with Windows 8. Lucky there are open source groups the came up with work arounds that give you the menus back so you don't have to rely totally on the apps. I will say that Windows 8 at its core is a better OS than even Windows 7. I would bet that in a update soon you will see an option to use classic menus.

donaldjledet

Wait! Wait! Wait! …go slow!

Yes, you create a section (not a partition, this is another strategy!) a "virtual disk"
where you may install what ever window.

But why get into that when you can have everything native MAC?

My sons, because they use win machine at school, have to have it. But, like I said,
it is all not pink!

Stay on the mac side of life! …in the end, 'still your decision!
Kodiak I'm sorry but really new and trying to Learn this computer stuff. Hope I'm not to late on getting an answer here.
​But what is Native MAC?

Kodiak

What is Native MAC?

Hi Donald!

In this world where the PC is in greater numbers, MAC was more considered for
the graphic design professionals and, later the photographers.

These Pros needed programs for everything and a lot of MAC programers did lots
of apps. These apps, developed for the MAC and on MACs are called NATIVE MAC.
The PC world wanted to have these apps so they were "translate" for PC.

Nowadays, apps developers will simultaneously create for both platforms. The
term NATIVE MAC no longer has the "original" sense but it means still that a given
app was designed for the MAC but no more" exclusively"

NATIVE MAC was and still is a way to describe an app without the PC sometimes
strange codes that did not fit the MAC way! Today, it is easy to recognize an app
that is not MAC NATIVE in its design and operations. These may work ok on a MAC
but always feel strange to MAC users.

Have a good day…

Bun-Bun

Once upon a time (the days of PowerPC's) Mac's were better suited for photo editing and other such content creation applications. This was due to key architectural advantages that made PowerPC CPU's more efficient for this type of work.

Due to the architectural differences, coding between the two platforms was different. Which is the reasoning for the separation between mac and pc software at that time.

However today Mac's use Intel x86 processors (same arch as AMD as well) the same as every other PC .

PowerPC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RON_RIP

All I know is that after one bite :nevreness: of the Apple, I am not going back. I will learn to adjust what I need to accomplish to programs that will run successfully on my IMac. They will just have to pry my Apple mouse out of my cold dead fingers. I may even take the dang thing with me.