Flickr Friday

BackdoorArts

One of these weeks I'm going to play along again. Just haven't had the time to pursue a theme, and this weeks Euphoria was limited to finishing a deliverable at work and not easily capture-able in my little corner hell upstairs. LOL

RockyNH_RIP

One of these weeks I'm going to play along again. Just haven't had the time to pursue a theme, and this weeks Euphoria was limited to finishing a deliverable at work and not easily capture-able in my little corner hell upstairs. LOL

With you on that Jake... I have the busy factor... both at work, home and my other photos... It is compounded for me also for more abstract topics like Euphoria... Just don't see that in my every day!! :)

I will hopefully get to do more with it as the weather turns..

Pat in NH

RockyNH_RIP

I know what you mean, but I try to set myself the task even if the image isn 't what I would do with more time or resources. At least it gets me shooting outside my comfort zone or trying something different or going somewhere I don't usually go.

So far I have a image for every week which I am going to make into a photo book at the end of the year.

#FlickrFriday - a set on Flickr

@White_Canvas

I like the book idea Derek... good luck with it, I believe it will turn out excellent!

Pat in NH

White Canvas

wud

Well this weeks #FlickrFriday http://www.flickr.com/groups/flickrfriday/pool/ theme was no theme. Basically participants were encouraged to shoot whatever they liked and choose to use Flickrs Creative Common licensing. Not everyone was happy about this as the forum reflects http://www.flickr.com/groups/flickrfriday/discuss/72157637679606555/.

However here is my submission for this week.

Prayer Before Dinner - #FlickrFriday by -Derek Hall-

What do you think of it?

@White_Canvas

I love it! It's very ironic (I see it as the angles will get eaten by the dragon) and I absolutely love the background and the grainy texture. How did you do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White Canvas

I love it! It's very ironic (I see it as the angles will get eaten by the dragon) and I absolutely love the background and the grainy texture. How did you do this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wud, you get behind this image brilliantly. Yes it reflects my mood and feelings towards last weeks non theme and rather Flickr promoting Creative Common licensing. I decided to create something ironic as the groups was being ironic in having a weekly themed challenge group without a theme this week. A guess a mini passive internal protest. :)

As for the grainy texture. I learnt this year to use RAW and the benefits of this in Aperture. One of my plugins for Aperture allows this type of manipulation which helped age the image. Giving it that feel of being less cute. I wanted the image to feel some what scary, yet as you pointed out ironic, since the dragon is really lonely and is only playing with the Angels. Yet the one Angel turning around tells more. She is not praying, but looking towards the dragon. Perhaps aware that it is a set up or too frightened to have faith. Anyway it was aimed to be interpreted and enjoyed rather than matching any theme. But it is one of my favorite images in a while.

Thank you for taking time to explore the thought behind it.

Derek

@White_Canvas

ShootRaw

DSC_0667.jpg