Five year Anniversary at Nikonites

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
And since you are a Super Moderator you get upgraded to the big corporate jet now that you have hit the 5 years mark.
Yeah, talk about it. Just as I needed the plane, @jdeg had to have the seats re-leathered... I thought they were fine last time I used it. What do you think Don?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
On the phone talking to him now. He is alive and well but has been busy. He promised to log on and tell everyone hello.

Had a very nice conversation with him.
Great, thanks for sharing Don.

Maybe we should exchange our phone numbers, at least between mods.

Yeah, talk about it. Just as I needed the plane, @jdeg had to have the seats re-leathered... I thought they were fine last time I used it. What do you think Don?

I think someone partied a little to hard on a recent flight and really messed up the seats. I think it was @jdeg so glad he is getting it repaired. I have been using the smaller jet and it is still in good shape but only has seating for 12. The big one is much nicer and has the private bed rooms which is great for the longer trips.

I hope he does it in a different color than white. That shows dirt to much.

4.jpg

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I think someone partied a little to hard on a recent flight and really messed up the seats. I think it was @jdeg so glad he is getting it repaired.

Actually Laurie and I were using it when the flight crew spilled my red wine. I'm pretty sure @jdeg fired her as I didn't see her on the return flight.

Blacktop

I think someone partied a little to hard on a recent flight and really messed up the seats. I think it was @jdeg so glad he is getting it repaired. I have been using the smaller jet and it is still in good shape but only has seating for 12. The big one is much nicer and has the private bed rooms which is great for the longer trips.

I hope he does it in a different color than white. That shows dirt to much.

View attachment 195276

Where are the lava lamps?

Danno

Today is my 5 year anniversary, boy have things changed!. After following this site I for a while I joined and jumped back into photography with the D3100. Back then the must have bodies were the D700 and D7000, it seemed the most popular lens was the 18-200. Many people have come and gone since them (some of them I miss :)). I've learned and re-learned a lot here and made some good friends. In the past five years I've owned the D3100, D5100, D600, D610, (I may have an addiction!) and many lenses. While I shoot Olympus now, I lurk in the shadow awaiting Nikon's Dx or Fx Mirrorless. Regardless of brand or format, this remains the best photography site I have ever been a part of! Thank you all, looking forward to the next 5!!
I have only been here a year, but I really enjoy it. Fountain of information. Great bunch of folks. I do not even remember how I stumbled across it but I am glad I did.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Rick M

I have only been here a year, but I really enjoy it. Fountain of information. Great bunch of folks. I do not even remember how I stumbled across it but I am glad I did.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Yes, you won't find a better site. After I started shooting Oly I looked around and nothing compares. The Larger sites I won't name are loaded with gear heads incessantly spouting whats better. God forbid you post a pic that isn't technically perfect! Almost every thread degrades into arguments over what is better or what you did wrong. Hard to invest time in that type of atmosphere, let alone learn anything.

Nero

Nice. I know I've been here less than 3 years but it feels like I've been here forever.

And I agree about other sites. I spent a couple months at ThePhotoForum and holy crap, what a bunch of elitist twats. You'd think they all had massive inferiority complexes, especially the veteran members. Sadly, even the staff aren't much better.

Last edited: