Dawg Pics' New Adventures of the D500 (and maybe the D300)

Dawg Pics

This was one of those 'ah hah' editing moments. I have so much to learn. I used NIK Output Sharpener but was guessing on how to use it.
What I discovered also, is that there is a small amount of motion blur present.

Doves N500_3565.jpg

More editing practice.
Cardinal N500_3594.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

Gray day, backlit subject that is very far away. :shame:
Gives me some creative editing practice. There are lots of tools in the software I rarely use.

crows N500_3720.jpg

Dawg Pics

Image from last year. Experimenting with export settings in Affinity.

Does this look kinda bad to anybody? Did something different with sharpening and noise reduction.

spyder 1400_DSC4908.jpg

duck_N300DSC4908.jpg

Last edited:

Danno

Very cool images. Hope you are doing better. Sometimes it can take a while to recover from a hard fall. It is funny how we are more concerned about the "stuff" than ourselves. I am the same way. Figure I will heal.

Dawg Pics

Those are beautiful images...look great on my monitor.

Thanks a bunch. I used both Affinity's denoise and NIK Define. Never used Define before.
They look ok in the original format, but I am trying to figure out why my images lose considerable sharpness after uploading.

Dawg Pics

Very cool images. Hope you are doing better. Sometimes it can take a while to recover from a hard fall. It is funny how we are more concerned about the "stuff" than ourselves. I am the same way. Figure I will heal.

Thank you.
Honestly, only a small upswing in my mood lately, but better than where I was a few months ago, which was dire. Problem is every time I go home, my mental health takes a nose dive. It won't get better until the house is gone. I am going to have to decide on a few momentos and walk away. Over 2000 sq ft of stuff. They never threw anything out.

Yes, you will heal. I guess I will also, eventually.

Last edited:

Danno

Thank you.
Honestly, only a small upswing in my mood lately, but better than where I was a few months ago, which was dire. Problem is every time I go home, my mental health takes a nose dive. It won't get better until the house is gone. I am going to have to decide on a few momentos and walk away. Over 2000 sq ft of stuff. They never threw anything out.

Yes, you will heal. I guess I will also, eventually.

The thing is... there is no time limit on that. We all get through it in our own time. There is no rush. Getting out and taking great pictures is a good thing. I will keep you in my prayers.

Woodyg3

Contributor
The Mallard shot looks okay on my monitor. Mallards are so hard to get good pictures of. That green head of theirs can look black as night, blue or maybe green if the light hits just right. :)

I still have things from my mom and dad's house that I have no real reason to keep. My dad's old mechanical adding machine that is about the size of a bowling ball sits on the desk, for instance.

Sometimes you just keep stuff. :)

Dawg Pics

The Mallard shot looks okay on my monitor. Mallards are so hard to get good pictures of. That green head of theirs can look black as night, blue or maybe green if the light hits just right. :)

I still have things from my mom and dad's house that I have no real reason to keep. My dad's old mechanical adding machine that is about the size of a bowling ball sits on the desk, for instance.

Sometimes you just keep stuff. :)

Thanks, Woody
There is so much stuff and images in one form or another. I just need to pick a few things, and let the grandkids have what they want. I can't take it all, I would need a storage unit.