Dawg Pics', "Get off the couch."--- 365 images in 2017

Dawg Pics

#65/365

Auction item for yesterday. I didn't have the energy left to try to talk another image. I pretty much feel the same today.

643652017_7140.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

#66/365

I said I wouldn't rely so much on my dawgs. I was wrong. Yet another dawg pic.

I am exhausted. I am going to go eat some king cake and go to bed.

653652017_7456.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

Who can say no to those eyes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently, my husband couldn't. He was about to be euthanized when Keith decided to adopt him.
He is a sweet old man. (ha, I just noticed the ambiguity there. I was talking about Payton. Keith is a sweet old man too.)

This is what he looked like when we got him. 55 pounds and missing half his hair due to skin infections. He now weighs about 100# and has a full coat plus undercoat. Yes, he sheds like a husky. Howls like one too. We love it.

IMG_2528.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

Loves me a good shelter-pup story... :D
Please to explain?

Marilynne nailed it.
In Louisiana, it is a traditional cake served during the Mardi Gras season before lent begins. This tradition was brought to New Orleans from France, so they say. I am not well versed on the religious history behind the Mardi Gras.

American king cake used to be kind of a dry bread. Now it tends to be a giant, ring-shaped cinnamon roll sometimes with a filled center. It is covered with sugar glaze and colored sugar.

They have gotten smart and started marketing king cakes for other occasions because any day is a good excuse to eat a big hunk of sugar covered cinnamon roll. :unconscious:

We splurge each year and get one shipped to us from Randazzo's in New Orleans. My hubby went to school with the owner.

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Marilynne nailed it.
In Louisiana, it is a traditional cake served during the Mardi Gras season before lent begins. This tradition was brought to New Orleans from France, so they say. I am not well versed on the religious history behind the Mardi Gras.

American king cake used to be kind of a dry bread. Now it tends to be a giant, ring-shaped cinnamon roll sometimes with a filled center. It is covered with sugar glaze and colored sugar.

They have gotten smart and started marketing king cakes for other occasions because any day is a good excuse to eat a big hunk of sugar covered cinnamon roll. :unconscious:

We splurge each year and get one shipped to us from Randazzo's in New Orleans. My hubby went to school with the owner.

You forgot to mention the prize inside. Who ever gets it has to buy the king cake next year.

RocketCowboy

You forgot to mention the prize inside. Who ever gets it has to buy the king cake next year.

Does Randazzo's still put the baby inside? The last few king cakes we've gotten from Rouse's haven't, and I had heard most stopped because of the choke hazard. It's a shame that people can't handle themselves at Mardi Gras without choking over the baby in the king cake. :D

(My wife is native to New Orleans, so I get to enjoy those traditions every time we visit family and friends)

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Contributor
Does Randazzo's still put the baby inside? The last few king cakes we've gotten from Rouse's haven't, and I had heard most stopped because of the choke hazard. It's a shame that people can't handle themselves at Mardi Gras without choking over the baby in the king cake. :D

(My wife is native to New Orleans, so I get to enjoy those traditions every time we visit family and friends)

Guess you can tell how long it has been since I've had one.

Dawg Pics

Yes, they do, but I never heard of anybody choking on a plastic baby. We all know it is in there, and you would bite down on it if you don't hit is with your fork.

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

#67/365

The armoire I wish I could bid on, but I don't have any way to get it to my house. Would be great in my office.

663652017_1727.jpg

Last edited: