Dawg Pics', "Get off the couch."--- 365 images in 2017

Dawg Pics

#38/365
The waxwings are baaaaaack!
@Roy1961 I really need to get that 300mm lens.

383652017_5856.jpg

Dawg Pics

i saw a flock of them at work today, gray miserable day too, hope they are there tomorrow, sun is supposed to be back?
Yeah, I am hoping to get a better image tomorrow as well. They were on the ground in my neighbor's yard, but I screwed up the focus some kind of way. It would have been a good because there was a robin in the mix.

Dawg Pics

#41/365

Venus and Mars are close this month. How do you know when you see Mars? It is an orange dot.
Venus is at about 1/4 phase right now. I took an image through my telescope viewfinder, but it isn't much to look at because it is just a small, fuzzy crescent.

413652017_5926.jpg

Dawg Pics

#42/365

Tallulah to the rescue. I was busy all day, and got this right as Svengoolie started his Godzilla movie. (Really, horribly dubbed movie.)

423652017_5948.jpg

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

@Roy1961
I don't see them regularly, so I don't know if they tend to migrate out of the area or not. I did notice more birds in general are flocking back to the feeder than had been in the last couple months. I saw a large mix of the regulars from last year showing up all at the same time.

Dawg Pics

#46/365

The constellation, "Orion."
This is good practice for me to relearn my night sky. It has been a while since I have been star-hopping with my scope.

463652017_6004.jpg

Dawg Pics

#47/365

"The Hyades" or "The Face of Taurus"

Between "Orion" and "The Pleiades" lies a red star called, "Aldebaran." In light polluted skies without dark adaptation, Aldebaran is obvious, but after a few minutes of dark adaptation, the other stars start to appear in the form of a triangle. This is an open star cluster that forms the face of Taurus. There is another triangle that is called, well, "Triangulum." This ain't it.

This image is dim, but it is darn close to what I can see after being outside for a while. I had to use Aldebaran as a guide, because I couldn't really see the other stars that make up the cluster in my view finder. This was hand-held because I didn't have the energy to try to work with my tripod on this. Maybe on another night when seeing is better.

And, no, I can't see the lines in the sky.:rolleyes:

473652017_6006.jpg

Dawg Pics

#48/365

My hubby said, "Now that is some real Salvador Dali sh*t there."

Whatever, it (the image) made me laugh. I think it amused him as well.

483652017_5795.jpg