Danno's 366 for 2016

Danno

Thanks [MENTION=11881]Moab Man[/MENTION], I really appreciate the comments. The tall candle bugged me too, and I for the life of me could not find a shorter one nor was I ready to cut it off... :)

I do like the color adjustment you made that looks good, thank you. Thanks to [MENTION=26505]Dawg Pics[/MENTION] for the inspiration to try this shot and thank you for the suggestions to get it started. The next one will be better. And I got so focused on trying to get the color and light right I missed the top of the plaque... Dain Bramage... That to will be better next time :eek:

Thanks again
Danno

Danno

January 23, 2016

Sky cleared and my wife and dog got outside to fiddle around a bit. Cars needed dusting off etc. I got a couple photos of Jersey Girl and one of the sun as it approached the end of the day. Just a little tired today. Jersey is funny. Neighbor scraped our drive and she would rather hop and run in the deep snow than stand all sad that she could not find anything to chase.

Near Sunset-1897.JPG

Snow-1887.JPG

Moab Man

The next one will be better. And I got so focused on trying to get the color and light right I missed the top of the plaque... Dain Bramage... That to will be better next time :eek:

Just like I told her, plug away one thing at a time and add to your capability as you get a handle on new things. And you're welcome.

Dawg Pics

Hey Danno,
It is a great compliment that you were inspired to try something new. I think that is part of what the community is about.

I love your commentaries, and I am so glad there is another person shooting pics of his dog. :)

Danno

Hey Danno,
It is a great compliment that you were inspired to try something new. I think that is part of what the community is about.

I love your commentaries, and I am so glad there is another person shooting pics of his dog. :)

It was a cool idea and I loved the way the candle worked. I had to try it. And again thank you.

As for my dog... That is a neat story. I had been looking for a dog for a while. I am alone a lot, my wife still works, and I wanted a hound dog or lab but when I went to Rescue places I found I could not really handle them anymore. I was just to unstable. I had about given up when my wife Pat and I went to a fund raising dinner for Avenues for Women and we were seated next to some friends from church. They kind of new my issues and thought they might know a good breed. Cary said she had one for me. Jersey is 6 and a champion Boarder Terrier. The breed is suppose to be a runner, but as you can see she does not get to far from me. If I fall behind she sits and waits. She has been amazing... so I will likely end up taking a lot of pictures of her... I have only had her since October. It is a God thing... He knew what I needed. She has been a great blessing to Pat and i both.

Last edited:

Dawg Pics

A small, senior dog is a perfect choice, and I probably would have recommended that for you as well. I have a 10 year old shepherd mix that was adopted in March. They are much easier than young dogs, and if you are lucky, they are trained.

Danno

January 24, 2016

Sunday is my busy day with Church usually followed by a meal and rest, (some folks call them a nap). I did get out in the morning before Church and got a couple shots of the sunrise. I liked this one cloud and the way the sun lit up this old tree with the snow.

Cold Sinrise-1910-Edit-Edit-Edit.JPG

Sunrise-1912.JPG

Danno

January 25, 2016

Posting early today. Just a Monday kind of thing... Had some fun with the moon and High ISO and the sunrise this morning was just enjoyable. Thanks to @cwgrizz I did not waste time after making a mistake with my memory card... thanks again sir...

Dawn-1926-Edit.JPG

MoonShine-1916-Edit.JPG

Sunrise-1932-Edit.JPG

Danno

January 26, 2016

Well this month has had a lot of gray... and typical Kentucky weather. Let my Dog out about 5:30 this morning and it was 50 Degrees F. Cloudy and damp. By 11:00 AM the snow was all but gone. It will be in the 40s and 50s the rest of the week... That is why my bike never used to sit for more than two weeks. I road year around. Today was a black and white day of barns and old houses. Lots of old barns... Seems the old ones look best in black and white.

Barns and Gray Skys-1939-Edit.JPG

Barns and Gray Skys-1936.JPG

Barns and Gray Skys-1938.JPG

Barns and Gray Skys-1943-Edit.JPG

Danno

Taking images of old structures in the area, and noting any information is a good historical project.
This road we live on is a pretty old Road. It dead ends at the river were there was a ferry. The land was mosty dairy forms. That is a good idea.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Danno

January 27, 2016

I do not know what the deal is today, but I have really been hit with a dose of the sentimental. I don't know, maybe it is because it is sunny and I am not really up to getting out and going. Maybe it is because I am missing some old friends, but today's photos will be a bit different. I hope you can bare with me...

I got the cloud photo... taking Jersey out for her afternoon walk and the walk to the mailbox. Not quite as far as @gwgrizz, but a good walk
untitled-1947.JPG

Jersey waiting paitiently
untitled-1951.JPG

This is a picture by my grandmother. She was born in 1902 on the Montana prairie. Her folks were homesteaders and had 160 acre square. They came back east after my grandmother was 4. All I can remember of my Great Granddad is that he was a real cowboy and he taught me how to throw a rope... I was his shadow. I think I got my love of landscapes from my grandmother. She loved painting them. All her skies were that winter blue.
untitled-1957.JPG

This is some patches from my memory box from the Motorcycle club days. I retired from that two. Worked security at the Little Sturgis Rally in Kentucky for Years and got a rocker every year. The state shaped patches are fallen brothers. StayPuff was the hardest. He and I road a lot together. Ponytail died from the complications of Agent Orange form Vietnam and he is why I started going to Church. Don Miller had a car pull out in front of him so did Meat Head, (he had only been home from the desert a couple months, and Rocky was killed by the effects of agent orange too. There are more, but that is all the I did not have room for on my old vest. Went to Washington a lot on what they call The Run to the Wall. That life style no longer fits me or I should say I no longer fit that life style, but I do miss my brothers. and old friends.
untitled-1958.JPG

Danno

January 28, 2016

Just fooled with some bracketing and HDR in PS from LR. Expanded the picture next to the tractor to include the house and went down to the garage beside it. There is a 57 4 door out front and all but the dog house to a 2 door inside. That was the main reason for the HDR was to try and pull out the car in the garage, It is better, but still darker than I hoped.

I am going to have to keep an eye on the sun if I really want to draw out the other car, but the HDR is interesting to play with.

Old Homes and Cars-1960-Edit.JPG

Old Homes and Cars-1965-Edit.JPG

Danno

January 28, 2016 part 2
I wanted to add a couple photos from last night. I got home and the sky was full of clouds and stars. By the time I got out to take the shot it was more clouds than stars, but something weird for me happened... It was about hour and a half after sunset but the long exposure seemed to set the sky on fire. The wind was really blowing and the first shot was a bit faster. The second was longer. But when I previewed it I was quite surprised.

evening sky-1990.JPG

evening sky-1995.JPG