D850 - Specs & Features Confirmed (??)

Horoscope Fish

How about we go back and have a fresh look at some of TAP's predictions regarding Nikon's newest release? There were soooo many predictions he was vehement about, almost frothing at the mouth over; not too mention unquestionable veracity of his sources!

• It would be called the D820 -- WRONG!
  • It would have a hybrid OVF/EVF viewfinder -- WRONG!
  • There were two "eye sensors" on the back -- WRONG!
  • It would use a physically larger battery -- WRONG!
  • It would come with a 42MP sensor -- WRONG!
  • It would come with a MSRP of $4000 -- WRONG!
  • Ergonomics would match D750 D500 and D810 -- WRONG!
  • It would NOT use the EN-EL15a battery -- WRONG!
  • It would have less DR/highlight headroom than the D810 -- WRONG!
Take THAT, Steve Perry!! You and your rugged good looks and calm demeanor... With your well researched, in-depth and unbiased reporting.

But hey, other than being wrong, wrong and, well... Utterly wrong, the TAP's "Sources" toooootally nailed it! Still waiting for more information on his "bombshell revelation" regarding the D750 he was sworn to secrecy over. Is that a fizzling I hear? I refuse to give this gas-bag the satisfaction of more "hits" by posting a link to said video; if you're that interested in wasting five minutes of your time, I'm sure Google will unearth it for you.

Last edited:

Blacktop

How about we go back and have a fresh look at some of TAP's predictions regarding Nikon's newest release? There were soooo many predictions he was vehement about, almost frothing at the mouth over; not too mention unquestionable veracity of his sources!

• It would be called the D820 -- WRONG!
  • It would have a hybrid OVF/EVF viewfinder -- WRONG!
  • There were two "eye sensors" on the back -- WRONG!
  • It would use a physically larger battery -- WRONG!
  • It would come with a 42MP sensor -- WRONG!
  • It would come with a MSRP of $4000 -- WRONG!
  • Ergonomics would match D750 D500 and D810 -- WRONG!
  • It would NOT use the EN-EL15a battery -- WRONG!
  • It would have less DR/highlight headroom than the D810 -- WRONG!
Take THAT, Steve Perry!! You and your rugged good looks and calm demeanor... With your well researched, in-depth and unbiased reporting.

But hey, other than being wrong, wrong and, well... Utterly wrong, the TAP's "Sources" toooootally nailed it! Still waiting for more information on his "bombshell revelation" regarding the D750 he was sworn to secrecy over. Is that a fizzling I hear? I refuse to give this gas-bag the satisfaction of more "hits" by posting a link to said video; if you're that interested in wasting five minutes of your time, I'm sure Google will unearth it for you.

What's a TAP? Besides a tool to get beer out of a keg.