D850 - Specs & Features Confirmed (??)

In the original Rumor they said no high pass filter but in looking at the Nikon page I saw not reference to it. I hope that they have dropped that filter on all the camera from now on. Just not much of a reason for if in my opinion.

mikew_RIP

In the original Rumor they said no high pass filter but in looking at the Nikon page I saw not reference to it. I hope that they have dropped that filter on all the camera from now on. Just not much of a reason for if in my opinion.

This is just a question as i dont know the answer,is it needed more on high mp cameras, if not then they most likley consider it old hat and not worth mentioning.

lokatz

Hi Don, I assume you meant to say "low-pass"? In that case, relax: the new D850 technical page explicitly states that it does not have one.

jay_dean

Hi,
Pricing sucks…
You can (in US) buy this beauty for a decent US $3300,-… (plus taxes, I think).
In Europe it will set you back a massive €3800,- (US $4485,-!!) (taxes included).
In Australia AUS $5400 (US $4265)
Ridiculous! Does somebody know why??
I don’t want to change sides… I’ll have to live with Trumph… :ghost:
(Is this the compensation from Nikon for you living with that… thing… in the US?)
But this keeps me away from the shop to order the D850.
Possibly its what they think those living in said countries will pay

jay_dean

Don, @jdeg or whoever sorts this stuff out, i think the D850 now needs its own section on the board;)

lokatz

In Europe it will set you back a massive €3800,- (US $4485,-!!) (taxes included). Ridiculous! Does somebody know why?

Do the math: at your Dutch VAT rates, that €3800 is €3140 without tax to the seller. At today's rate of exchange, that's US $3700, but with the rate we had only a few months ago (<1.06 instead of today's 1.18), that would be more like $3300, exactly the current U.S. price. Guess Nikon does not expect the US dollar to remain as strong as it has become recently - given historic trends, that strikes me as wise. ;)

jay_dean

Jay,
the Australian price came from Nikonrumors, so I don't know that for sure.
The American price is real, it is the MSRP price and advertised by B&H and Adorama, both in New York.
European prices as advertised by all the Nikon dealers around me.
The Aussie price is possibly correct. Yes, there's always disparity in Nikon pricing around the world which has created the Grey Market

Horoscope Fish

First official photos taken with the D850 have been posted by Nikon Japan... Unfortunately there are no raw files to be seen, but they are full-resolution JPEGs shot in 14-bit RAW and converted to JPEG using Capture NX-D (so sayeth DP Review).

See Them Here

Ironwood

Possibly its what they think those living in said countries will pay

We get ripped off badly with much of what we buy here in Australia, not confined to just camera gear either......

I just had a look at a few prominent camera stores here for pre-order pricing for the D850, they range from AU$4999 - $5399. I would definitely wait a few months, prices will drop a bit.

For comparison, a D810 is AU$3239, and a D500 is AU$2999.

mikew_RIP

I cant stand this guy he is so full of bull sh1t and how good he is,saw this on another forum.

[video=youtube;whZGDpAZiSI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=621&v=whZGDpAZiSI[/video]

lokatz

I also don't feel his videos are all that good. Lots of rambling, usually more opinions given that arguments or evidence, and so on. Compared to someone like Steve Perry or Matt Granger, this is the Ozzie Osbourne of photo reviews, only without the talent. ;)

Blade Canyon

Don't like TAP or Fro, but I admire how hard they've worked to get so many viewers. I used to love DigitalRev from Hong Kong, but those guys were never good photographers.