D750 Light Leak videos

J-see

I don't know what cam you are using but I bet good money you can reproduce it even with that one. Put on a short lens and try. Maybe you have to turn it in another direction.

Test that first and if you can, you might understand how severe this issue is.

Btw, guess what I did when taking this shot? That's black material alright and it's not in front of the lens.

029-2.jpg

Last edited:

Eyelight

I agree with @rocketman122 and I also agree with [MENTION=31330]J-see[/MENTION].

The issue will affect some otherwise acceptable video where there is a momentary flash of flare that can add to the scene. The harsh line would pretty much scrap the clip.

but

It will be a small percentage who are affected and the worst flare/shadow lines will show in images/clips that are borderline usable.

The black strip fix shown in the video makes perfect sense. I'm guessing the issue will be easily corrected when discovered. It may even be user fixable, depending on what the permanent fix is determined to be.

So, it is an issue, but a non-issue for many and a fixable issue for those who need/want it fixed.

The only negative I see is QC of the product is severely lacking.

J-see

Personally I'm still not convinced that fix is a fix.

I tried it with black material as you see in that shot but because I had communication with the lens, the mirror jumped and I have no idea what actually happens inside. But you see that half the sensor is blocked but the flare still reaches it. The second try it worked but when I removed the lens to get the paper out and put it back on, there was no flare on my live which indicates that without me realizing, attaching the lens was enough to move all just that fraction to not show the leak. The margin to produce it is not that wide.

This is the same guy that mashed two different angle shots together to show the sensors differ. He can't not have noticed when putting both together since both halves don't fit. That he decided anyways either implies he has no clue what a different angle does and thinks some PS tweaking will overrule the problem or he simply does not care and proceeded anyways.

You should believe him as much as you should believe me; it's just shots we show without anyone knowing what we were actually doing. Test it yourselves and find out.

What happens now is that all that is spread as if it were gospel without anyone asking the required questions first.

rocketman122

theres tons of posts on dpreview, fred miraranda, even nikon rumors of many people who have a problem. enough videos to show it as well. you think its anon issue. many others dont. look at all the effort youre putting to try to convince another that his defective camera is ok. did you do the same with those who complained of the oil issue with the D600 also?

your camera is buggy but you accept it as it is and say non issue. great, move on. there are people that have this issue and dont say non issue. stills would not be an issue for me as I shoot a lot, but video, thats a different situation altogether. there are no second chances. and its not for a mere second, its clips that we shoot at weddings that need to be erased and are unacceptable.

love how you make a new profile and thumbs up your posts and a disagreed with mine. 9 comments and all the likes given to you. haha. pathetic.

J-see

Is this kindergarten or what? Why would I need to make another profile to thumb myself up. It's not as if I am five.

I guess I then also introduced myself a week ago with that second profile especially made for this conversation we have. I must have seen that coming in my crystal ball.

Your reasoning skills are admirable.

Btw, you don't have a D750 so how on earth could it even be an issue for you?

Last edited:

rocketman122

and now all of a sudden I get tons of likes from that profile. pathetic.

ok, leave it be. im tired of talking of talking about it. the proof has been shown. for me the problem is now something else. whether it exists or doesnt is not an issue. its been shown over and over.
the problem will escalate and nikon will have no choice but to acknowledge and fix the problem. mark my words. you will see.

Just like I said "there will be a class act lawsuit against nikon (D600)" in my previous post a while back. it didnt get to court but as soon as lawyers started collecting info, boom, nikon caved in. the same will happen with the D750.

we are done here. cheers.

J-see

You do as you please. If you don't like the D750, don't buy it and get a D810 or 4DS instead. Or anything else. Problem solved.

Mine is fine and even would they "fix" this non-issue for free, I'd pass since it ain't broken.