D700 with low actuations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacktop

Perhaps my reply was a bit strong calling your advice dumb and I do apologize for that.
The thing is that there are a lot of old folks out there that have absolutely nothing because of the choices they made in their lives.

Being happy now is one thing, but if the choices you make leads to misery in your old age then it's a whole other thing.

I just bought a used D300 for 400 dollars. I have excellent credit and could have bought a D4s with an expensive lens.
Would it have made me happy? Perhaps, but I'm also happy with the 300. The D4s would have not been a sensible purchase.

I guess we have a different philosophy on life so I just let it go with that. Once again I apologize for my rude comments.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I'd like to share some thoughts. Just my opinion that maybe some of you could use. If not, then no harm done.

I think that relying on material things for happiness is a bottomless pit and will only lead to envy, jealousy and more desires.

Loose a precious camera or object, you'll bitch for a while, loose a loved one, it'll be longer to recover. Things can almost always be replaced, loved ones NOT.

All the best to all of you.

Bill16

Hi all! Due to my wife's illness I'm afraid I won't be able to continue this offer. I'm very sorry if anyone was considering this offer. But I can no longer garranty the payments mentioned on a reliable basis, and I can't expect anyone to put up with that. You have my sincere apologies. :(

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
So if you don't mind I'll just close this thread. If you want it re-opened later, just pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.