D700 with low actuations!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill16

Hey how about a Nikkor 200mm f/4 ai and I'll throw in a Nikkor 135mm ai lens and still make payments? Lol :p

Not even close Bill. Lol!

I would consider a trade if you have a Nikon 200mm f2 VR1 though. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geoffc

I think this want/need deserved it's own thread! :D

Is there anyone here who has a D700 in great condition with low actuations, who is willing to sell it to me on a payment plan? Yes I know this is a lot to ask, but I'm really wanting one, and it seems like my best chance at this time to buy one. I can pay $50.00 twice a month till it's paid for. I wish I could do more, but both my wife and I are disabled and living on a fixed income.

So I hope somebody here will be willing to work with me! :)

I picked the D700 for a few reasons! The top reason I have to admit is because it's the cheapest FX I'm interested in. Lol :) But also it's like a sister to my D300 with lots in common! :) Sure I'd love a D3s, but there is no way I can afford to pay higher payments, even though it's an awesome model from all I've heard. :)

Anyway thank you very much for reading and considering my offer! :)

Bill, based on everything you've said, this sounds like a crazy course of action. As already mentioned a D7100 will do everything a D700 will as far as image quality goes and more in some respects, at a lower price. Also DX lenses are half the price and glass is the most important part.

I would challenge you to take a general picture with a 700 that could not be achieved with a 7100, provided you have suitable glass. I know some things like depth of field are different but that can be a plus or minus depending on what you're doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bill16

It doesn't look like I'll be buying either one any time soon! Lol But thank you my friend, you may be right! :D

Bill, based on everything you've said, this sounds like a crazy course of action. As already mentioned a D7100 will do everything a D700 will as far as image quality goes and more in some respects, at a lower price. Also DX lenses are half the price and glass is the most important part.

I would challenge you to take a general picture with a 700 that could not be achieved with a 7100, provided you have suitable glass. I know some things like depth of field are different but that can be a plus or minus depending on what you're doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Blacktop

Great lens that one...It would go well with my D4s when the lottery win comes around..

Forget that D4s nonsense. The D9300 will be a DSSLR. (dual sensor single lens reflex) camera.
It will have an FX sensor along side a DX sensor. The Fx sensor will be 48MP, and the Dx will be 36MP.
It will weigh 15 pounds (body only).

The beauty of it will be, that it will use only one lens. The new Nikkor 18-600mm f 1.4 AF-S ID IE Fx/Dx DIII VrIII sliding kit lens.
You'll be able to slide the lens with a touch of a button, from one sensor to the other.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Hey how about a Nikkor 200mm f/4 ai and I'll throw in a Nikkor 135mm ai lens and still make payments? Lol :p

That is one way to sweeten the deal. Include the shipping cost, then I'll have to give it some more consideration (about 30 seconds this time. Promise!) ;)

Bill16

Sure I'll even pay shipping! So how about it buddy? Lol :)
That is one way to sweeten the deal. Include the shipping cost, then I'll have to give it some more consideration (about 30 seconds this time. Promise!) ;)

Blacktop

Bill, I have a great idea. Take some black paint, and paint over the 2 zeros on your D300. Instant FX. Lol:D

Dave_W

The Dude
Here's my sage advice - go out there and buy a new version of whatever camera you have set your heart on, whether it be a D800 (or its soon to be announced successor) or D4 or D610 and be done with it. When the end comes and you're lying on your deathbed, I guarantee your last words will not be "gosh, I sure wish I hadn't bought that new camera". We all have just one shot at this life (I think) and the winner is not the one with the most toys, it's the one with the least number of regrets. :)

And while this may not be the most responsible advice you've ever heard, I'm certainly not wrong in my belief that life is too short to pile up regrets based solely on something so trivial as money. In the words of Nike...."Just do it". ;)

Bill16

If I had a way to manage that, I would do just that. But unfortunately without enough money or credit, little steps are the best I can do. :)

Here's my sage advice - go out there and buy a new version of whatever camera you have set your heart on, whether it be a D800 (or its soon to be announced successor) or D4 or D610 and be done with it. When the end comes and you're lying on your deathbed, I guarantee your last words will not be "gosh, I sure wish I hadn't bought that new camera". We all have just one shot at this life (I think) and the winner is not the one with the most toys, it's the one with the least number of regrets. :)

And while this may not be the most responsible advice you've ever heard, I'm certainly not wrong in my belief that life is too short to pile up regrets based solely on something so trivial as money. In the words of Nike...."Just do it". ;)

RocketCowboy

I'm encouraged to see I'm not the only person with incurable NAS ... trying to buy another camera body after just starting with this current setup. :D

Bill16

When you find the model you have lacks something to make you feel satisfied, I figure find what the current camera lacks in a different model.Sometimes that may mean you need more than one model. :)

I'm encouraged to see I'm not the only person with incurable NAS ... trying to buy another camera body after just starting with this current setup. :D

mikew_RIP

I just wonder if Bills lack of opportunity to use his gear much makes his NAS worse,i know with me if the world conspires to stop me getting out for a while i start looking at adverts :D

Bill16

You don't need the entire lineup, just the top three or four should do it. :)

A D4s, a D800, and lastly a top notch DX to go with. But lenses maybe a different matter.lol :) I'm happy with my DX D300! I just need a good FX to go with it! :D

That's kind of where I'm at, but I don't have the funds to collect the entire Nikon lineup. :)

Blacktop

With all due respect , that is the dumbest thing I ever heard, since Hillary Clinton said that high unemployement is good for the economy.
Are you going to let Bill move into your basement when he's living in a cartboard box under an Interstate overpass because he followed your "live and let live" advice?

Last edited:

Dave_W

The Dude
With all due respect , that is the dumbest thing I ever heard, since Hillary Clinton said that high unemployement is good for the economy.
Are you going to let Bill move into your basement when he's living in a cartboard box under an Interstate overpass because he followed your "live and let live" advice?

It's a shame that pieces of paper with green ink (that do indeed grow on trees) play such a controlling role in some people's lives.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Dave_W

The Dude
I think I should qualify the previous statement. I totally understand Bill's position and I was not referring directly to him in my post. What I was referring to is the strange need some people feel to live their lives in the future. Some of the happiest people I've ever met were those who were told they had 2 or 3 yrs left to live. They stopped this incessant and somewhat pathological need to put life on hold as though there would always be a "tomorrow" and instead started living in the "now". They claim for the first time in their lives they were actually happy. Sadly it took at doctor to tell them they were mortal in order to find this happiness but at least they did find it. But the fact is, with or without a doctors visit, we're all on the hook and it may be 3 yrs or 30 yrs but the fact remains we're all living under a death sentence. With that in mind, I think it's important to remind all people to stop worrying about tomorrow, tomorrow will take care of itself and instead worry about today. Things always have a way of working out so just let go and see what happens because who knows, it might end up being the best days of your life

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.