D3100 ISO numbers and F settings

DaveNewman

HELP - i have an image (not of me) but its blurr, can anyone sort it out and possible email me it back?? IF its possible?

1.jpg

FastGlass

E-mail you back? Hmmm. You have a very simple case of "THE CAMERA SHAKE". Most likely caused by seeing a pissed off dog feeling stupid about wearing that hat ready to chew your face off. Lol.But seriously, It's hard to say seeing we don't know what settings were used. Rule of thumb is to set the shutter speed equal to the focal length but no lower than 1/60th. So if using a focal length of 125mm. Shutter speed should be around 1/125th. But that can change dramatically depending on the artistic style your looking for. Anything lower than 1/60th most likely will show a little blur unless using a tripod to steady the camera.

SteveH

The blur can't be removed, but this is camera shake / movement while the the shutter is open... Can you post the EXIF data? Basically, you need a faster shutter speed and to hold the camera as still as possible.

There are two "Types" of blur when the shutter is slow.... When the subject moves, or when you move... This looks like you moved while the shutter was open as the blur is a regular amount across the frame.

Concentrate on your posture when taking photos... It sounds obvious, but hold the camera with two hands, tuck your elbows into your body and breathe steadily.

All you can do is learn from this picture, I'm afraid you can't un-blur it and save it.

Do you still have the hat? I like the idea of a colourful & cheerful hat when the dog pulls that fed up face... If you can capture it again without the blur, you will have a great picture!

DaveNewman

i didnt take it, if i did the picture would have been fine....

if the blur cant be removed then it doesnt matter, there is nothing you can do

Horoscope Fish

Photoshop has a "Camera Shake Reduction" tool under the Filter/Sharpening menu. I worked with your uploaded JPG and had minimal success. With a large JPG or a RAW file it could probably do a much better job with cleaning up your shot.

What are the details on the original file (type, size, etc.)?