Cwgrizz's Fifty-Two in 2015

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 20 Theme Bark

It is the end of the week for me. Not even 1/2 way through the year and the themes are becoming harder to fill. I am (hopefully) saving some easier themes to fill for the end. Ha! I really had another couple of ideas for filling the "Bark" theme, but could not get there. I shot this image as a backup for the week. Ha!!

bark-bw-nk.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 21 Theme People

This week managed to slip by faster than I realized. Ha! I had planned for something different when my week began, but go busy and then...................BOOM the week was gone. To meet my challenge again this week I just looked back through some of the images I had for the week and decided this theme would be the easiest to fill. People--- A couple of my G'kids fit the bill. I am not a portrait type of guy as you will be able to tell by these images, but maybe they will still be somewhat worthy of posting for the "People" theme.

Gkid1-cr.jpg

Gkid2-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 22 Theme Dots/Dashes/Diagonals

For this week I had planned to get a picture of my key for sending Morse code on ham radio. When I started I noticed the DOF was very short and thought about trying focus stacking. This is my first attempt at focus stacking. I used Gimp with seven shots. I missed on some of the results, but for the first quick attempt.......... Well it turned out better than I expected. Ha! I may try again with some other software, however I think I missed on a couple of needed focus points.

key stack 1-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 23 Theme Chairs/Benches

This week I had planned to fill another theme, but yesterday I came across this scene and couldn't pass it up for the theme of "Chairs/Benches" I saw the corrals and windmill which caught my attention, but the overcast day just wasn't the best for photography. When I got closer, I realized that the cowboys had set things up for comfort after a hard day of doctoring, sorting and branding. Can you say "Recliners" in the shade?

chair1-cr.jpg

chair2-cr.jpg

chair3-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
No town or houses in the area of this corral. Probably 25 miles to the closest. Ha! I never thought that cowboys would ever get this soft. Ha!!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 24 Theme Industrial

Took this one this evening. I am going to have to go back and see why it is so "grainy".

backhoe3-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@RockyNH, It was a last minute "fill the 52" photo. My problem lately is that I have ideas for the themes, but can't seem to get it together... not at the right location, or light not right... It is fun playing with this challenge for me. No way would I be able to keep up with the 365. LOL

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 25 Theme Colors

I had planned this one for the weekly challenge "Puzzling Detail", but couldn't get it together before the cutoff time. It works here on my 52 in 365. AND... I am one day ahead of time. Ha!

color-puzzle-cr.jpg

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Week 25 Theme Colors

I had planned this one for the weekly challenge "Puzzling Detail", but couldn't get it together before the cutoff time. It works here on my 52 in 365. AND... I am one day ahead of time. Ha!

View attachment 165367

I had the same idea Walt, but my neighbor wasn't home when I thought of it and I forgot about it until to late. She does a lot of puzzles.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I had the same idea Walt, but my neighbor wasn't home when I thought of it and I forgot about it until to late. She does a lot of puzzles.

Notice that I used one of the puzzles we have around for the G'kids (60 Piece) for the main idea with the missing piece and then a 1000 piece puzzle for the added pieces for effect. I really didn't have time to try to put together the 1000 piece puzzle and was very happy to find the 60 piece with BIG pieces. Ha!

Very nice Walt!

Pat in GA

Thanks Pat. You're always very kind with your comments.

Kevin H

Notice that I used one of the puzzles we have around for the G'kids (60 Piece) for the main idea with the missing piece and then a 1000 piece puzzle for the added pieces for effect. I really didn't have time to try to put together the 1000 piece puzzle and was very happy to find the 60 piece with BIG pieces. Ha!

Great idea and nice pic

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 26 Theme Wildlife

This week I had a few to choose from for different themes, but decided I would use this one for now as some of the others I had I could duplicate later on. Ha!

Please don't hesitate to offer constructive criticism. I have thick skin. Ha!

jrabbit2a-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 27 Theme Curves

I wasn't late on taking my weekly shots, just late in processing and posting. I wasn't able to have reliable internet (Yea, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it. Ha!)

On my daily walk, I had been noticing these yuccas and how they were a little weak with their seed shoots. This day I saw the curves and thought, Hey...............

yucca-curve-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 28 Theme Fountain

See last post for excuses. Ha!

I was driving along and noticed this fountain at a church. I had trouble getting the water droplets to show up, but anyway here it is in a couple of shots.

fountain2-cr.jpg

fountain-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 29 Theme Rocks

This is a place called Texas Canyon. The cowboys that settled the area were originally from Texas and decided to name the place "Texas Canyon". Some have said that when God finished creating the earth, He had left over boulders (rocks) and just piled them up here.

This is one of the places that I had had in mind to shoot for the "Rock Theme" as I pass through usually at least once every couple of months. The problem has been that I had no time to stop. I finally had time, but the lighting was not optimal for the shot (Let's just say I have seen it much better.). Anyway this is what I managed to get. I am only wishing that the lighting would have been better and that I had more time to explore more for the shots. Ha!

tex-can1-cr.jpg

tex-can2-cr.jpg

tex-can3-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I tried playing with RT for processing the first one in the Rock Theme again to see if I could figure out RT. Ha! Here is the result.
Tex-canRedoRT-cr.jpg

I think I like my original better. Ha!!