Cwgrizz's Fifty-Two in 2015

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 11 Theme Look Up

My week has again come to an end. I had to look back through the few pictures I had taken this past week to see what themes I had tried to fill. I had this one in mind for Looking Up when I took it, but was hoping for something else. It didn't happen so here you go. I was looking up and luckily didn't get bombed. Ha!

eu dove-lookup-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 12 Theme Silhouettes

Again I was away from good internet service until today. I had to look back through the pictures I took this last week to see what would work for the themes. This one could have really fit into either silhouettes or repetition I guess. I chose to use it for Silhouettes.

dove-silhouette-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
This "silhouette" post has been up for a little while now, so I guess I can share a little secret. I took about 4 or 5 shots of the dove, but the bird on the left would not lift it's head so it looked like a headless bird. I cloned the head from the right dove onto the left dove. In my opinion, it made a better picture. Ha! That was another reason for not using it for "repetition".

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 13 Theme Damaged

This week has passed and again I am searching for something I shot during the week that will fit one of the themes. I keep saving some of the themes for when I can get to another location to shoot and a couple for that time when I'm desperate. Ha!

This old boy has been the subject of some of my photos in the past month or so. He is easily identified as you can see by the photo. I think you will be able to see how he relates to the theme "Damage".

crow-dmg-cr.jpg

Last edited:

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 14 Theme Leaning

This week I had some pictures that would fit into some of the themes. Deciding which photo to use was a little tougher. This Yucca in the sunset just seemed to be what I needed to post for the week.

yucca-lean-sunset-cr.jpg
EXIF: D5300, ISO 100, F29, 1/125
Shot Apr. 2, 2015

For this photo I had gone out to try playing with a small aperture setting to get the sun flare/ray effect.

Last edited:

mikew_RIP

Week 14 Theme Leaning

This week I had some pictures that would fit into some of the themes. Deciding which photo to use was a little tougher. This Yucca in the sunset just seemed to be what I needed to post for the week.

View attachment 149576EXIF: D5300, ISO 100, F29, 1/125
Shot Apr. 2, 2015

For this photo I had gone out to try playing with a small aperture setting to get the sun flare/ray effect.

Very nice image,doesn't even need a theme it stands on its merits alone

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 15 Theme Close-up

Yet another week has come and gone. I played not only with "close-up" but also some PP to add effects using Gimp.

Apples, Well almost. Some yellow delicious apple blooms. Added a little vignette to second photo.

appleflwr1-cr.jpg

appleflwr2-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 16 Theme Motion

Another week and what a way to get double duty out of a picture. The weekly challenge and the 52 challenge. So this is your lucky day "One for the price of two" Ha!

A day late in posting because, again, internet access was not the best. I did get the photo in the proper time frame, however.

151603d1429496957-weekly-challenge-apr-15th-apr-22nd-topic-motion-dog-running.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 17 Theme Roadside

This week, as the choice for themes dwindles, I had to decide what to post. I had a couple of landscape shots that I was fairly pleased with, but these two shots kept coming back to me just because of the irony I saw. A John Deere dealership is being constructed, but the irony is that I have not seen one piece of John Deere equipment during the construction process. Only Cat equipment. After passing many times, I stopped and shot a couple of shots along the "Roadside".

JD-cat-a-cr.jpg

JD-cat-b-cr.jpg

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 18 Theme Coiled

​Photos from the Willcox Centennial Celebration Ranch Rodeo

A coiled rope is in each photo, thus the theme "Coiled".

buckaroo1-cr.jpg
Catching a ride into the arena

buckaroo2-cr.jpg
End of the ride, I'm getting off here.

buckaroo3-cr.jpg
I see those cows over there, but I really want to find some smaller ones.

buckaroo4-cr.jpg
I think we need to make a plan, you have the rope...

buckaroo5-cr.jpg
Where are you going? I thought we had a plan worked out.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Week 19 Theme Black & White

This week, because of the weekly challenge, I went out of my comfort zone. I have trouble seeing B&W. Most of the B&W I have ever done were nothing more than snapshots and for the challenge I wanted to do something different. Still life is not my forte either. The first picture is one of the many tries I attempted for B&W using natural light in a still life photo. The second one happened because I decided I wanted to play with the on-camera flash to see how effective it would be. Color results weren't what I wanted so I tried looking at it in B&W. It is better in B&W, I think. Ha!

indian basket-bw-cr.jpg

flower-bw-cr.jpg