Currency

Mike D90

Re: 2.00 bill

What years were you guys over there? I was there from '83 to '85.

Bit of trivia here. Jeffery Dahmer was a medic at Baumholder during the same time I was over there. Not sure what unit he was with.

weebee

What was your MOS?

Multi-channel communications. Spent 4 years in the inf as a company commanders driver and RTO at Schofield bks, Hawaii. Then I went to Germany and mostly worked out of communication rigs on top of mountains. What was your MOS? Oh, this look familiar? PM me your address and I'll get it out this weekend.

DSCN0363.jpg

Mike D90

Multi-channel communications. Spent 4 years in the inf as a company commanders driver and RTO at Schofield bks, Hawaii. Then I went to Germany and mostly worked out of communication rigs on top of mountains. What was your MOS? Oh, this look familiar? PM me your address and I'll get it out this weekend.

View attachment 72360

Sweeet! Yes that looks familiar!

My MOS was 19EB10. I was armor crewman on M60A3 Main Battle tank. Also spent most of my Germany tour as jeep driver for Top and sometimes for the Commander. Loved having my own Jeep. Terrain walks were my favorite thing to do as we were assigned to north east up near the Czech border.

Address sent by PM sir!

nikonpup

i was in bamberg, germany 1963 - 1966 4th armored div. 78th artillery. beer was a mark (25 cents). Good thing to, i made less than $100.00 a month.

Mike D90

i was in bamberg, germany 1963 - 1966 4th armored div. 78th artillery. beer was a mark (25 cents). Good thing to, i made less than $100.00 a month.

Good God! I was born in 1963! When I was in Germany the exchange rate was mark 3.25, or so, to the dollar. Not sure I remember what a beer cost though. My pay wasn't much more than yours though. I think a little more than $200 a month.

weebee

Good God! I was born in 1963! When I was in Germany the exchange rate was mark 3.25, or so, to the dollar. Not sure I remember what a beer cost though. My pay wasn't much more than yours though. I think a little more than $200 a month.

A glass of Alt was 2.00 marks. Cheap enough for great beer. When the exchange rate was high like that it was great for me because I lived off base.

weebee

I think they both still are. The one pound coin wasn't met well in England. When I was there none of the vending machines would accept it.